CES Headers and Exhaust - HOT!

I am constantly reading about "Heat" with headers.
Yet with the tune that Sleeves and I have developed from the PCV&AT and Data Logger, we don't have any heat issues what so ever.
Sure at low speed, that is idling around town, yep it can get hot, but there is FIRE inside of Them Thar pipes !

It all comes down to the tune.
As Nev Lush has said a "Canned Tune" will only go so far re setting up the bike.
And, "Dyno Operators" are not all as good as they could be, we know this !

This really sucks. I wonder if I could add pegs in the original spots or highway bars with highway pegs so I can have a secondary place to put my feet when my thigh starts cooking on long trips?
I have the CES headers - standard pegs and Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts - RIVCO
Just to move around a bit
IMG_6108.JPG

Really it’s just about radiant heat and how you’re positioned. When I’m Hooning and playing I don’t even registerthe temps, my minds too busy to notice that inconsequential crap.

When I’m cruising at 30-40 mph, on a hot day, I can feel it but it’s tollerable. Once upon the freeway I can’t feel it anymore at all, even in almost 90f ambient temps.

You’re going to feel some heat no matter what you do at times, how much and how hot will be determined by leg position, tune, and heat shields.

This really sucks. I wonder if I could add pegs in the original spots or highway bars with highway pegs so I can have a secondary place to put my feet when my thigh starts cooking on long trips?

The fellow wants forward controls and you want to get rid of them... maybe you and he can work something out.

Have my heat shield on top of exhaust wrap, it took a lot of the heat when stationery. No issues once moving.
20180511_162703_HDR~2.jpg
Keep an eye on your headers as they will start to rust under the wrap. Also the bolts that hold the carbon fibre heat shield on drilled through and the bolt treats will be protruding into the exhaust gases. I ground my welded nuts off and welded blind m4 threaded bosses in their place - cooled the bolts down and no longer melted the carbon fibre. This drilling the pipe is a very lazy way of locating the nut to weld it on.

Same, had different fittings done by Dave, still through but better nuts.

Really it’s just about radiant heat and how you’re positioned. When I’m Hooning and playing I don’t even registerthe temps, my minds too busy to notice that inconsequential crap.

When I’m cruising at 30-40 mph, on a hot day, I can feel it but it’s tollerable. Once upon the freeway I can’t feel it anymore at all, even in almost 90f ambient temps.

You’re going to feel some heat no matter what you do at times, how much and how hot will be determined by leg position, tune, and heat shields.

I just can't believe that at 80mph I am getting such a direct and consistent "hit" from the heat. I should take the windshield off and go try it again and see if it is the same. The windshield goes down a bit on either side, but nowhere near low enough to be in front of the headers. I realize wind and turbulence is weird though.

Back