CES Headers and Exhaust - HOT!

It's your lack of lowers ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just can't believe that at 80mph I am getting such a direct and consistent "hit" from the heat. I should take the windshield off and go try it again and see if it is the same. The windshield goes down a bit on either side, but nowhere near low enough to be in front of the headers. I realize wind and turbulence is weird though.
Please do take the wind shield off and then put a hammer through it, why windshields are on bikes amazes me:eek: must be some Spanish thing:D

Keep an eye on your headers as they will start to rust under the wrap. Also the bolts that hold the carbon fibre heat shield on drilled through and the bolt treats will be protruding into the exhaust gases. I ground my welded nuts off and welded blind m4 threaded bosses in their place - cooled the bolts down and no longer melted the carbon fibre. This drilling the pipe is a very lazy way of locating the nut to weld it on.

A year ago or so I bought some shields from Trevor for my old style CES. They work awesome.
That and and a sweet fat HP tune from Nels really changed it all around for me.
I don't wear my special made leggin anymore and haven't scorched any britches since.

I just can't believe that at 80mph I am getting such a direct and consistent "hit" from the heat. I should take the windshield off and go try it again and see if it is the same. The windshield goes down a bit on either side, but nowhere near low enough to be in front of the headers. I realize wind and turbulence is weird though.

Seriously try the Giant Fly from England.
I'd reckon it would eliminate that hot air.
Haven't used a shield for a couple years now and I have ridden cross-country a few times with it.

PS: Also remember to keep your mouth shut when riding . . . :eek: :rolleyes: :roll: :p

I believe if you are doing 80MPH and getting a hot leg, it has nothing to do with the fairing. If you are wearing the shorts pictured that will have some thing to do with it, but really that is some wind going by. Either your legs are shorter than you think (re forward controls) or there is something wrong with the tune. I have ridden many rockets with many exhausts and have never had any hint of a problem at 80mph.

I believe if you are doing 80MPH and getting a hot leg, it has nothing to do with the fairing. If you are wearing the shorts pictured that will have some thing to do with it, but really that is some wind going by. Either your legs are shorter than you think (re forward controls) or there is something wrong with the tune. I have ridden many rockets with many exhausts and have never had any hint of a problem at 80mph.

Well, for the record I never ride in shorts - this occurred with my Rokker jeans on.

What do you mean “either your legs are shorter than you think...”?
This bike was previously owned and setup by a guy that was 6’5” (5” taller than me) so you could be right...

Perhaps it is the tune then. It was dynotuned by a Triumph dealer here in Michigan, but I don’t know how good they are. I called them and got a copy of the dyno sheet, but that’s all I have from them.

How would I figure out if it’s the tune? Where do I go to get a solid tune?

Thanks to you all!

Maybe a set of roadster pegs? Mine honestly is not really any different from stock. Hyway pegs, man I cannot see how that would work at all, unless they were way, way outboard and you are really tall.
No, h'way pegs on stock dresser bars are perfect with CES headers. Done a few interstate 2000+mile trips no probs at all.

Well, for the record I never ride in shorts - this occurred with my Rokker jeans on.

What do you mean “either your legs are shorter than you think...”?
This bike was previously owned and setup by a guy that was 6’5” (5” taller than me) so you could be right...

Perhaps it is the tune then. It was dynotuned by a Triumph dealer here in Michigan, but I don’t know how good they are. I called them and got a copy of the dyno sheet, but that’s all I have from them.

How would I figure out if it’s the tune? Where do I go to get a solid tune?

Thanks to you all!

Please post the dyno graph results and especially AFR as @Steel said.

Back