Cam Cover Gasket

Mine, a 2013, seems to be properly installed all round, and no leaks. Maybe when valve clearance checking time comes...I trade her in for one with zero miles, just so I can get one that doesn't need taking apart.

happy to report that the factory 2 yr warranty covers this; bringing it in next week for the repair. Sent photos to dealership and necessary parts will be ordered tomorrow. Will miss the factory warranty when expires in March- question: has anyone had good/bad experience with the 3rd party extended warranty from dealerships as I have read Triumph does not offer extended warranties directly from them.

They're available separately, go to Andy at North County (NOT "country") Yamaha/Triumph and tell him what you want.

But generally speaking, they don't leak and can be reused many times. If the leak is at the front, it will be to do with the two half-moon portions of the gasket, which need silicone as well on assembly.

If it's not at the front, nipping up the cover bolts would probably do the trick???

When you say "nipping up", what does that mean? Tightening?

happy to report that the factory 2 yr warranty covers this; bringing it in next week for the repair. Sent photos to dealership and necessary parts will be ordered tomorrow. Will miss the factory warranty when expires in March- question: has anyone had good/bad experience with the 3rd party extended warranty from dealerships as I have read Triumph does not offer extended warranties directly from them.

this cam cover gasket issue is known; the heat will crimp it during the hot summer months no getting around it.

Just curios if Truimph changed manufacturers of the cam cover gasket. Would explain why the older bikes do not have this problem.

Back