California Scientific Windshield Review

Louballs

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket III
Hey Everyone,
I got around to installing the California Scientific clear windshield last weekend on my GT. The install was extremely easy and took maybe 5 minutes. I DID use some blue locktite as some extra security since you are only supposed to hand tighten the screws. I did about 100 miles or so, with about half at highway speeds up 100mph. It does wobble/flex a bit in the wind, but it is MUCH better than stock and doesn't look all that bad. I'm about 5'11" and it puts the wind about mid-helmet. It drastically improved having to fight the wind on the highway on my chest and greatly reduced wind noise since it was no longer going up under my helmet. Now, I do have a Neotec 2 helmet with Sena speakers, which isn't the quietest helmet, but it is improved. I also used Alpine touring earplugs and they are great. They actually made music sound clearer, but greatly reduced wind and engine noise. One thing to add with the "wobble", if you opt for the tinted screen, their website says it is a bit thinner than clear, so it may have more wobble. Hope this helps in your decision making.

Very nice and well priced. My experience is that if you add a deflector on the forks at the level of the headbeams things are even better.
What sort of deflector? Can't say i've seen any.

Got these from Harley. They make them smaller. There are some that are transparent. MadGod's son makes them custom with engravings and such.

s-l1600 (11).jpg

I've always called those lowers, had them on my old Rocket and they worked great but look crappy. My CaliSci screen is coming in the mail today.

I bought a Cali windscreen and raised it 4 inches. We'll see if it survives the highway.
Bought the tinted and wish I bought the clear because it is thicker.

I already cracked a 2 piece Power Bronze. I don't wear ear plugs but had to with the high 2 piece power bronze. I figured out the reason the buffeting was so bad is because our windshields are mounted so low and rubber mounted it flops around in the wind and this is what causes the buffeting. once I supported it at the bars. (with a water bottle at first) I didn't need the earplugs anymore.

It would be best to support it at the bars. if you want a high windshield. I think key for a high windshield on the rocket is for someone do develop a bracket system. the stock mount doesn't cut it for a tall windshield. Keep in mind if you ever do 130mph I don't think any of these real tall windshields will survive.
The power bronze cracked doing 80 mph toward 20 mph winds all day.

I bought a Cali windscreen and raised it 4 inches. We'll see if it survives the highway.
Bought the tinted and wish I bought the clear because it is thicker.

I already cracked a 2 piece Power Bronze. I don't wear ear plugs but had to with the high 2 piece power bronze. I figured out the reason the buffeting was so bad is because our windshields are mounted so low and rubber mounted it flops around in the wind and this is what causes the buffeting. once I supported it at the bars. (with a water bottle at first) I didn't need the earplugs anymore.

It would be best to support it at the bars. if you want a high windshield. I think key for a high windshield on the rocket is for someone do develop a bracket system. the stock mount doesn't cut it for a tall windshield. Keep in mind if you ever do 130mph I don't think any of these real tall windshields will survive.
The power bronze cracked doing 80 mph toward 20 mph winds all day.
My speedo hit 140 yesterday. Don't tell the cops! The cali sci held up fine at least for that brief moment.

Back