California Scientific Windshield Review

Interesting did you mod the tune. Top speed on the new rocket is 138 miles per hour under good conditions. Now they do make the speeder lie to you to make you feel good.
Haven't done anything, but that is what the speedo said. Accurate, no idea. I did see someone else say they saw 139 with no tune either. So, not sure.

With a good wind behind me i can see 150 or better. Really not that brave. Bike gets a bit squirrely at those speeds. Any Naked bike will.

With a good wind behind me i can see 150 or better. Really not that brave. Bike gets a bit squirrely at those speeds. Any Naked bike will.
Was just testing her out. Usually just quick up then right back down to normal speeds. Bike feels great at 90 though. Very smooth. Held it there for a while with cruise control on.

Ok, here's my review of the Cali Sci windshield, What a piece of crap! Its so flimsy at 30 mph it looks like its to to tear off the mounts. I would rate it a level above cardboard. Please don't waste your money. The buffeting at my helmet was super noisy, my helmet is quieter with the factory fly screen which is going back on now. If anyone thinks they want one mine is for sale cheap. I couldn't ride past 10 miles. BTW I'm 5' 10" on a good day.

Ok, here's my review of the Cali Sci windshield, What a piece of crap! Its so flimsy at 30 mph it looks like its to to tear off the mounts. I would rate it a level above cardboard. Please don't waste your money. The buffeting at my helmet was super noisy, my helmet is quieter with the factory fly screen which is going back on now. If anyone thinks they want one mine is for sale cheap. I couldn't ride past 10 miles. BTW I'm 5' 10" on a good day.
Did you get the tinted one? Also, I think they would take a return.

Last edited:
No, I got the clear. I would hate to see the tinted if it were any thinner.
It's crazy that you have a much different experience than i do with the same windshield. Mine wobbles for sure, but not really significant until high speeds and it greatly reduced buffeting noise in my helmet. Weird.

Back