buying pre-2010 Rockets

Having one Pre-ABS is no problem if you change out the pads, front & rear with EBC HH's ;)
I just got through slapping mine through the twisties on the three sisters ride on wet to semi wet roads and had no problems not having ABS - and that was 2 up

Agreed, I put the EBCs on both of my SLOW and heavy HDs. One with and one without ABS... no problems with either.

Yup, I've seen that one on ebay. Not crazy about the fact that it's been cammed. Stock engine would be better/more desirable, least for me. And yeah, 8K is a bit on the high side. Agreed too, it is a good looking Rocket.
Oh ya Nevs cams are a plus not two radical as they are drop ins so same shim buckets and all.

It's interesting how some riders very much like ABS. To me it is a PITA, depending where the module is and architecture of the ABS. I had it on a 2001 GS and never felt the need for it, even with a couple of panic stops. I thought it went out one time on a ride to San Diego and found that it was about a $2500 bill to repair because of where the module was. Fortunately it just needed to be reset

I have it on a 2011 DL650 which makes tire removal more difficult as well as bleeding the brakes. I've also never felt the need.

I am extremely impressed with the brakes on my new to me 2009 Touring and do not see the need for ABS. Shortly after purchase I did a panic stop to see how she performed and was totally satisfied. To me it wouldn't be a show stopper on the purchase of a bike that did not have it. To each his own as they say.

Back