Rockets aren't for everyone...

What I find amusing is when I split traffic to get to the limit line at the intersection red light and stop beside a HD. The guy will look at me and nod. As the light phases to green I hold back just a second to see if he will make a run but they never do. They pull out like turtles and actually drive under the speed limit. I have never had one try to take me on from a standing start. After I realize they won't run I hit it and remind them why they don't want to challenge a Rocket. Nothing against HD as I have owned 3 of them but I do like to show my ass once in a while. My wife said to go somewhere else and be an ass so there you go.
I get the exact opposite here, every HD rider has to show me how loud their scooter is, and shoot outta the hole at the green light. I just giggle and let them think they are fast. Now the Ferrari’s and Lambo’s not so much. They get taught light to light your gonna lose, not enough distance for their top end to leave me in the dust.

Most of the time especially this time of the year run up on a harley rider and usually get a nod and a compliment. During the spring and early summer have had a few challenges but overtime have learned to disregard and smile. If the Harley is stock i just smile but if it is built and the individual brings it yes i will play. Screaming Chicken aftermarket parts no challenge but have run up on some very nice and quick Harleys. Depends on the build. Even so to get a Harley to outrun a Rocket takes an extreme amount of money and time. Simply that 90% of the time our Rockets even stock will outrun a Harley but there is that 10%. Most Harley riders today don't even know how to change the fluids on their bikes must less build them. ;);););););)

I have never had any bike try to race me off the line, except they guys that ride with me, and they say they just want to see how badly they will get beat.:laugh:

I'be been wondering if my V-Rod Muscle (Delilah) could take my R3T (Fiona) off the line... I found out yesterday when my brother (who's visiting) and I went for a good ride. As suspected Fiona easily took the title. At one point he did finally pass me after I had eased up with no intention of pushing her to the top. He told me he was flat out full throttle.
-MIG

I'be been wondering if my V-Rod Muscle (Delilah) could take my R3T (Fiona) off the line... I found out yesterday when my brother (who's visiting) and I went for a good ride. As suspected Fiona easily took the title. At one point he did finally pass me after I had eased up with no intention of pushing her to the top. He told me he was flat out full throttle.
-MIG
I believe the V-rod makes about 86 pounds of torque at 6500 rpms so that is believable. On the other hand the v-rod makes about 122 to 125 horsepower. Stock figures at the crank but still impressive. Especially compared to today's bikes in that category. Have rode a few V-Rods in the past never owned one mainly because of the riding position and location of foot pegs. (Short legs)Solid bike.

Last edited:
At the Bristol dragway there were highly modified V-rods that would smoke most any bike. They were not street able bikes at all so not really a fair comparison.

iirc - MANY years ago there was a vid' out there where a V-Rod bested an R3 on the track (in curves).
Delilah (V-Rod) is pure stock and she doesn't produce any noticeable power until you've surpassed 4000 RPM's. The only thing I've done to Fiona (R3T) thus far is D&D slip-ons and the appropriate tune. I can easily see how a slightly modded V-Rod would easily kick arse... especially with the power to weight ratio. Also, skill set of the rider comes into play...
-MIG

I believe the V-rod makes about 86 pounds of torque at 6500 rpms so that is believable. On the other hand the v-rod makes about 122 to 125 horsepower. Stock figures at the crank but still impressive. Especially compared to today's bikes in that category. Have rode a few V-Rods in the past never owned one mainly because of the riding position and location of foot pegs. (Short legs)Solid bike.

Admittedly I love both; depending on my mood. Fiona (R3T) is a solid powerhouse while Delilah (V-Rod) has that naked sporty feel without being on a true sport bike... LOVE'EM!
-MIG

You will never regret this buy. Was on a presentation before xmas. The centre weight was much lower compare to my 2005 mod.
This is a bike I'm looking for.

Back