Rockets aren't for everyone...

Had similar problems with this group too, 'bout 3 years ago. Company owner has apparently been to court many times over imported/clocked bikes, false description, fraud etc... Can't remember his name but use google. Makes for some interesting reading!!

Yeah that's them!! They were importing new bikes from Japan (grey imports) and selling them as UK bikes.

Orrell Motorcycle Centre and KJM Superbikes (local to me) were part of same group and did their best to distance themselves, eventually buying themselves out of the group.

I had that over a bike I was buying, salesman was such an arse I lost my rag with him and told him to stuff it. Sales manager called me on my way home to have a go at ME!! Not to ask why I had pulled out of the deal! Should have known as I had previously ordered some boots there, waited for 3 weeks for them to come, got a call, went in and the idiot in the clothing department had sold them to someone else but was too busy dicking around with his mates to come and tell me, just left me hanging for about 20 minutes before I went over and asked where they were!! then he told me.

FYI - it was Millenium Motorcycles in St Helens for anyone this side of the pond thinking of buying from them.

Sorry if i have taken this off topic, needed to get that off my chest :)
Good to know - a customer of mine mentioned similar experience there. Thanks for posting:thumbsup:

Screenshot_20200103-095654.png
Another chance to get the TFC. Not even sat on!

What I find amusing is when I split traffic to get to the limit line at the intersection red light and stop beside a HD. The guy will look at me and nod. As the light phases to green I hold back just a second to see if he will make a run but they never do. They pull out like turtles and actually drive under the speed limit. I have never had one try to take me on from a standing start. After I realize they won't run I hit it and remind them why they don't want to challenge a Rocket. Nothing against HD as I have owned 3 of them but I do like to show my ass once in a while. My wife said to go somewhere else and be an ass so there you go.

I've gotten a laugh when Harley guys wouldn't look at it with me sitting there, but waited until I went in to get a beer, then walked over and checked it out.

+1.
Once in awhile I do get one or sometimes two HD guys asking about it - when there aren't any others watching.
Definitely not any patched club types though. I don't care either.

Also, I'm one of the idiots who has purchased 7 of my last 7 bikes without a test ride and admit I never even sat on a Rocket until the Sales Rep handed
me the keys to mine in '05 (I did at least see one in late 2004 and talked to the owner a few times about it).

I do my research though and am not randomly buying them and it has always worked out.

Now that I have a MC license I could do test rides in the far future should I no longer be able to safely handle my Rockets.

Screenshot_20200103-095654.png
Another chance to get the TFC. Not even sat on!
I wonder why selling? Trying to make a profit? Didn’t know what a Rocket TFC was when he put $1000 down?:p

I don’t care what a dealer says a deposit is always refundable.

I have never had any bike try to race me off the line, except they guys that ride with me, and they say they just want to see how badly they will get beat.:laugh:

Back