buying pre-2010 Rockets

I honestly don't think I'll ever need ABS. My previous bike didn't have it and it didn't think I was at any risk of locking up the wheels. However, now that I'm without a bike and can start fresh then why not get it. I feel its just better to have it and not need it then to one day wish you did. The rocket I test drove seemed to stop very well, but I also ride in freezing temps and hitting the brakes on an unseen patch of ice, or oil slick could end in a bad day. Plus, i think part of its me getting older. I can justify buying a bike with largest ever production engine because I can tell my wife, but it has ABS :)

Welcome to the forum. I would say that ABS is definitely a worthwhile feature on a bike, especially one has big and heavy as this. I would love to have that on my bike. I will also offer that being an owner of several bikes in my lifetime as well as cars, this bike has no more or no less issues than other production vehicles or motorcycles. Like you, I was initially concerned about buying an earlier version (mine is a 2005) but have had no problems and have found this forum to be a wealth of information. With all that said, I think it's smart to go to the newest version you can afford. Good luck!

Yessir, I agree, I know, but would rather have a stock engine that no one has had their hands on, or in.
I hear you - but specifically Nevs cams fitted by a known mechanic (which seems to be the case) would be an exception. If the ruddy homologation rules (esp emissions) here were not such a royal PITA - I would have fitted his cams. Every 2 years I have to put the whole thing "stock" to get it through. Pipes and ECU are no big task - Cams would be.

In Spain I would not need ABS - But in the UK on some of the roads around Salisbury I have locked both wheels. And that with a D/S on at the time.

As of 2018 however all bikes HAVE TO HAVE ABS.

decision has been made. Somewhere in Minnesota, about 800 miles from me, is a new used 2013 roadster with my name on it. Flat black with white stripes. Not a fan of racing stripes but I may play around with that plastic dip chameleon colors. So far no buyers remorse. This is going to be the longest winter ever.

life-is-short-buy-the-****-motorcycle.jpg
What he said and welcome from Australia
By the way the grin is permanent

Back