Breakaway Throttle Lock

All I'll say is that I've had one on my 06 ROC for over to 3 yrs and couldn't imagine a long ride, or even a short on at that w/o it. Works great anytime you need to give the throttle hand a break. The best feature is the (if installed correctly) release when pulling in the front brake. Nothing to unscrew,,,,,, makes it very safe. Maybe though the people at Triumph will pull their heads out of their asses and develop a REAL cruise control,,,,,, it ain't ROCKET science!! Was surprised when it wasn't offered on the R3T.

I bought the $10.00 rest you put on the throttle grip and it really helps. Makes keeping up easier. I haven't installed it but I do have a cheapy throttle lock. The one that they are talking about is one a friend has. He says its awsome.

I removed my breakaway from my speedmaster and want to install on my rocket3T. My problem is that I can't get the plastic ring to compress enough to fit over the grips. The grips are much thicker on the rocket. Did you guys who have had sucess gring part of the grip or am I totally missing something.

dish soap does the trick

I'm in the middle of a looooooong ride on my R3T. Took the time to dial in the BrakeAway berfore I left and very glad I did. It's do-able, you've just gotta read the instructions.

Most importantly, I think, is the final adjustment to the tension. That requires a small philips and a small allen wrench. The allen wrench is just used for torquing, and you wouldn't know that unless you read the instructions!

Yup, it's a great little device. And props to the folks that sell them. They will assist you with anything you need (like lost/damaged parts). Really good folks that stand behind an A-1 product.

Can this be installed on tbars. I am considering getting one but with the tbars you have no room to move the controls. Will this be an issue?

Can this be installed on tbars. I am considering getting one but with the tbars you have no room to move the controls. Will this be an issue?
You dont have to move the controls it just slides over the end of the grip up to the flange next to the controls then tighten down. Stock grips, use model # 5PC02.

Finally got mine figured out and now I can see what all the noise is about. It's fantastic now that it works properly!:D

Back