brake reservoir covers

Dobieman

.020 Over
Before I pry $50 + shipping out of my wallet for useless bling I wanted to know if anyone here has these and if the fit is good and doesnt leak......Some guys on the Speed Triple board just hype the Rizoma fluid cups even though most leak :rolleyes:

These are at newspeed3.com

I don't have one but I know Brent Smith personally and his products are first rate. It's just a piece of flat stock, contour milled and ball milled with the R3 III in the face then chromed. It won't leak provided you use the gasket.

Bling parts are always expensive. Besides, steel is expensive.

Rizoma sounds like a medical condition.

Last edited:
Yes Brent has been my source for all my Rocket stuff (that he carries) so far. I appreciate someone who caters to our brand in particular.

garyculb

Got one. if you want it let me know. Have put it on three times and it leaks like crazy. Told "it must be put on completly dry". Even replaced to bladder- still leaks!

Gary:confused:

No Leak On Mine

I switched to the one like Pig9r showed with the Flag in the center. Never a bit of trouble.....knock on wood. I've seen the milled cover and it looked and seemed to work just fine.

Yes Brent has been my source for all my Rocket stuff (that he carries) so far. I appreciate someone who caters to our brand in particular.

If Brent sold you one and it leaked (highly unlikely), he'd make it right with you one way or another.

The guy who has the leaker needs to take a bastard cut mill file and give the cover a couple of passes. That will square it up.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Most of Brent's stuff is made in his dads machine shop so he has really good QC.

None of that stuff is cheap. I would really like to get a set of the brake line clamps, but I can't justify spending $65 on those.

Yes its pricey for what it is but I would pay it IF it was a quality fit and no leaks.

Flip why should Gary have to pay $50+ and have to alter it to fit? How do you even know your suggested fix will work if you dont have one?

Gary did Brent offer you another one or money back?

The Rivco exhaust covers are way pricey for what they are but well worth the money for what they do.

I am not complaining about price here only asking about quality. If I pay the price I expect the quality but thats not always the case as Gary found out.

Back