Border Crossing Info

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
Anyone in or around the area where I-29 crosses the border from US to Canada? I'm looking for a little local information. A friend and I are planning an Ironbutt from Miguel Aleman, Mexico to Emerson, MB. I know about the Mexican border, but don't know what is close to the border on the Canadian side. I would need to get some sort of proof like a time and date stamped receipt for fuel...or a candy bar for that matter...on the Canadian side...just something that I can submit as proof that I was there.

There is bound to be a duty free shop just across the border on the Canadian side. I know there are just about most other crossings.

bob

Contrary to popular belief I do not live in an igloo because I am from Canada. Cross anywhere and you will be fine.

You going for the 24 hour border to border, sounds like a beating but would be a blast also. Wish I had my bike sorted completely out... When are the festivities.

Wow that is a long run Morris I'll bet it will be Followed by a nice hot bath to ease the Bum if you can still feel it, how many miles is that

Anyone in or around the area where I-29 crosses the border from US to Canada? I'm looking for a little local information. A friend and I are planning an Ironbutt from Miguel Aleman, Mexico to Emerson, MB. I know about the Mexican border, but don't know what is close to the border on the Canadian side. I would need to get some sort of proof like a time and date stamped receipt for fuel...or a candy bar for that matter...on the Canadian side...just something that I can submit as proof that I was there.

There is indeed a duty free store at that crossing like @Bob R suggested!

Regarding guns -
In the past I have been able to check my gun into a Border Patrol locker at border crossings.
It may have been only because I was a copper - I don't know, but it would be worth a call to inquire anyway. :D :thumbsup:

I know nothing about Iron Butt, BUT WOW 1650 miles in 24 hours on a road with tolls and two borders?! That would require a 69 mph average!!! Doubtful me thinks . . .
Now 36 hours would require a 46 mph average and most definitely doable.

In either regard, have a safe and fun and painless adventure, Morris! :thumbsup: :inlove

Last edited:
Back