Yeah, I waddled it engine off in first slipping the clutch to the waterline, then my girlfriend jumped on, I started the engine and rode across, in the water was actually easy as it was flat concrete. :thumbsup:

Geez. Two up at that. Quite a girl.

Between Fitzroy falls and Robertson in the Southern Highlands, it was my first time there, amazing views, was about 12 kms of gravel.

upload_2019-8-16_12-42-55.png

Last edited:
I should go for a look it is not far really.

upload_2019-8-16_12-46-4.png

Yep. Stay off the freeway and go the back roads, that would be an awesome trip. Can recommend the friendly hotel ( that’s what it’s called) in Kangaroo valley. The water crossing is on the way to the other falls (Bowden?).

I have bought a few of my recent bikes in the area. I was nearby a few weeks ago picking up the R3T in Mittagong. I also bought my first R3R from Mossvale in 2016, and my Sprint ST in 2014 at Albion Park located at the bottom of the Macquarie Pass too.

Trouble is I am usually in a car with trailer picking something up.;):D

upload_2019-8-16_12-58-53.png

Brings back memories - first time there was in 1979 in my first car a '73 XA Ford Falcon, auto with drums all round.

Was a College kid and offered to drive a mate's friends to Parramatta. Sydney at 9:00 PM via Yass, Goulburn and back via Kangaroo Valley, Batemans Bay to Canberra. Got back at dawn and the fog and steep descents were hairy back then especially with drum brakes, 12 volt incandescent globes and autotrans. I still remember the mists and tree ferns and creek crossings going through the Kangaroo Valley about 3:00 am. Even the nation's main highway, the Hume H'way, now 4-6 lane separated freeway, was a shared road with a single lane each way and very dangerous with heavy interstate trucks, especially at night.

It must have been a lucky trip I just saw distance travelled was 777km (if today's roads existed then, it was actually possibly closer to 900km as all the roads are different and bypass the towns now).

upload_2019-8-16_13-15-48.png

Back