Useless Rocket 3 Trivia / Questions / Info

RevRoss

DownUnder Brother
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I'll go first...

I've often wondered about Rocket 3 stability when parking 360kg+ on an unpaved surface.

I got bored - so I measured the weight (on level ground) exerted by the kick stand foot of my '05.
Was surprised enough to want to share my finding - but let's have a few guesses first.

SI units if you would - I get easily confused with that other mumbo-jumbo....

I guess 30kg or less as it is way too easy to pull/push it forward to roll off the side stand in my experience. Would also depend on the thickness/height of the scale plate you used as you may have reduced the lean angle and hence the weight bearing down on it.

I guess 30kg or less as it is way too easy to pull/push it forward to roll off the side stand in my experience. Would also depend on the thickness/height of the scale plate you used as you may have reduced the lean angle and hence the weight bearing down on it.

I raised the bike 32mm (block under under each tyre) to compensate for the 32mm thickness of the scale plate - the lean angle of the bike was maintained during measurement :thumbsup:

I raised the bike 32mm (block under under each tyre) to compensate for the 32mm thickness of the scale plate - the lean angle of the bike was maintained during measurement :thumbsup:
and???????????????????????????

Was surprised enough to want to share my finding - but let's have a few guesses first.
Well - I know for a fact it depends on what tyre is fitted!. - Also whether you have overlength rear shocks and how the forks sit.

Saggy ORIGINAL ISSUE forks/shocks plus Darkside pumped up to 36psi and you can get an R3 to bounce on and off the kickstand.:rolleyes: - will even roll away on its own on tickover if you do things just right. :oops:

But even on round tyres and the shocks longer so the bike is pushed over onto it - I'll bet it's not a lot.

Back