Boog's Review of the 2020 R and GT

What you write here is exactly my thought when I started the review. I do not appreciate all the electronics knowing full well other will. That is what makes our motorcycle world great I think; many different opinions.
I do wish they had a basic version though for those of us who prefer the bike without the "gee-wizardly" stuff.
Good write Boog I to am not quite sure of all the gadgetry either way I am just wondering how much more of a electrical nightmare (if any) is going to creep in. I am also wondering on Tuning with all this extra stuff is it going to make it so only piggyback electronics can be used to tune it? I know time will tell and I surely hope everything designed into these new monsters are not affected by electrical gremlins. Just wait until people start cutting wires for their backyard fixes :) yep at 22k for a bike 31k depending on the state and its taxes out the door for the TFC I will ride my 07 for a while and watch. Heck the 07 might be my last big bike as I am not getting any younger :D

I also would want to wait until they finish designing the rear end of the bike :D

Good write Boog I to am not quite sure of all the gadgetry either way I am just wondering how much more of a electrical nightmare (if any) is going to creep in. I am also wondering on Tuning with all this extra stuff is it going to make it so only piggyback electronics can be used to tune it? I know time will tell and I surely hope everything designed into these new monsters are not affected by electrical gremlins. Just wait until people start cutting wires for their backyard fixes :) yep at 22k for a bike 31k depending on the state and its taxes out the door for the TFC I will ride my 07 for a while and watch. Heck the 07 might be my last big bike as I am not getting any younger :D

I also would want to wait until they finish designing the rear end of the bike :D
Your not that old and you can help us blaze the trails. Put your big boy pants on an get a new bike to meddle with.;)

Thanks for the feedback. On the 1290 KTMs the gas cap will unlock within certain time if FOB is present and functioning properly. Some have had issues - apparently with electronic interference in some locations.
I was imagining a worst case scenario with the fork lock. It's locked, your FOB battery is dead - can you still unlock it by waking the bike up using the antenna under the fender.
When you use the ‘under fender’ get out of jail trick, it allows the ignition on. The steering lock automatically comes off at that point anyway, so it’s not a separate action as such.

This is one of my concerns, the electrical system that is. I know on my bike now that has been one of the biggest nuisances I have had over the years. With the added gadgets, it adds more risk in my book.

Back