Boog's Review of the 2020 R and GT

Better have a dealer close, with mechanics that know how to work on a 2020, and a wallet full of cash! At the moment, I'm trying to sort out why #2 cylinder on one of my 05's ain't firing. Can you imagine that kind of problem with one of these new models? So many wires, sensors, relays, switches, connectors. Ahhh, I long for my old 650, headlight, taillight, squeeze bulb bicycle horn. Points, condenser, coils. Simple as. Tickle the old Amal, and start on first kick, every time.;)
Cooter,

Drawing a comparison to say the old vs the new is like comparing apples to bananas or walnuts. I have both working and there's just no way to compare one to the other. I love them both but my old '78 can break in all kinds of ways. sure I can and do fix it.. but....they can break easy... and they can be fixed simply too... however, it's NOT gonna be my bike of choice to take a long trip.

the simplest way to differentiate these two is one is mechanical, and one is computerized. and simply put, I love them both for what they are. completely different worlds. So I would say the old days are good, the new days are good.

sisters3.jpg

I appreciate the comprehensive review. Seems pretty much on point but I would say also that for me, no issue with the computer stuff and I find the dash is very well put together and pretty easy to adjust settings and ride modes and etc... maybe I'm more used to the computer'y stuff.

I think all in all you get a lot of bike for $22K, plus the computer controlling the throttle, ABS and traction in the ride modes adds to a cleaner experience that you can't quite account for. I guess what I'm saying is, my experience is the thing is very advanced, it leverages modern computing technology and is pretty smooth and powerful and seamless overall. So I think those things factor in to the value (I really appreciate the ride by wire, and I'm sure it helps add control to the power overall).

Compared with my old 1978 T140V which is purely mechanical (except I did add electronic ignition), this experience is wonderfully smooth and the way the juice is delivered it takes my breath away.

Thanks for the comprehensive review, really appreciated that.

Are you guys saying it has an electronic automated steering lock ??
the lock is not automatic you have to press the switch if you want it "on" when you park but it comes off during the start up procedure although I always check that with a flick of the handlebars

Back