Boog's Review of the 2020 R and GT

I'm skeptical. What if it fails while riding and locks up ?
The steering lock is only actuated by electric servo when the bike is not running, but it will only engage mechanically if the front wheel is turned all the way to the left. So unless you are doing a U-turn when it fails, I think we're gunna be okay.

(...) A BMW R1600 rider though was unimpressed with the ride saying that he felt every single pebble on the road as he rode the R3R ahead of me. I have never ridden the big Beemer but I do not think the Rocket is rough at all. (...)

Felt the same as the Beemer and that's because I was used to my previous bike which is probably one of the most comfortable bikes of the market (Indian Roadmaster).
But with the GT handlebar I've ordered for my future R (due in April) and after some time to get used to it, I'm pretty sure that I won't find it uncomfortable at the end and especially for a (big) roadster !

The TFC bars are even further forwards than the R. And honestly, they feel like they were tailor made for me. I wouldn’t want them further back. I can’t get on with feet forward at all. Maybe it’s more of a European thing, I don’t know.

The TFC bars are even further forwards than the R. And honestly, they feel like they were tailor made for me. I wouldn’t want them further back. I can’t get on with feet forward at all. Maybe it’s more of a European thing, I don’t know.
I’ll have to look at the R again. I thought with the different riser on the TFC the bars ended up a little further back?

The quick shifter is a very cool feature.

I've never felt attracted by one (like too much using the clutch lever) however I should try a day given the enthusiasm from every owner (also from a friend on his BM S1000R who simply could not do w/o it now that he's been used to)

I have a couple of picture - not from the ideal angle but I think you can tell that the R bars sit somewhere
between the TFC and the GT in terms of reach.

*edit* switched the tfc picture - it’s easier to see now

635DCB37-5FA8-4354-8F16-FC2958005875.jpeg
D21224D3-4DCA-450F-A551-C3AF27FAB7C3.jpeg

Attachments

• E29B64F0-12BF-4D2E-8420-1CD022EB3524.jpeg
    E29B64F0-12BF-4D2E-8420-1CD022EB3524.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I have a couple of picture - not from the ideal angle but I think you can tell that the R bars sit somewhere between the TFC and the GT in terms of reach.
635DCB37-5FA8-4354-8F16-FC2958005875.jpeg
E29B64F0-12BF-4D2E-8420-1CD022EB3524.jpeg

I really prefer the TFC bar shape vs the "cow horn" R shape. But if it is even more forward than the R', no regret since the R bar was too much tiring for my shoulder and back thus why my R will come with a GT bar

Last edited:
I really prefer the TFC bar shape vs the "cow horn" R shape. But if it is even more forward than the R', no regret since the R bar was too much tiring for my shoulder and back thus why my R will come with a GT bar

‘All I can say is make sure you try going at full highway speeds on your test ride. Even on the TFC I find the riding position is balanced versus the wind speed at like 80mph or so.

Back