Bike stalls when I shift into gear.

You r a little off on the explaining
But you r right on about the kickstand switch
Replace
I may not be totally correct, but if you look at the switch it's in front of the stand and the switch looks to be out to me and when you bring the stand down it pushes the switch forward and in and grounds it completing the circuit, but if you look on your bike the piston is inside a box of some sort and you can't see what way it's moving, I looked at it the other day when my fuel pump relay went. If it looks easy I will try to unplug the connector tomorrow and see if it stalls when down and in gear.
While I'm doing that I'll take IDK's advice and douse it with some WD40 that I just bought in my bag. I just found out that the WD in WD-40 stand's for water displacement, sounds good down there, I just sprayed my ignition switch really good with contact cleaner and then WD-40 😁🥂😉 got a lot of good info from that guy on here, thanks
IDK, and you too Turbo, good guys

And added hopefully shifting problem not this bolt loose Post in thread 'Gear shift issue - Not so common' Gear shift issue - Not so common

Post in thread 'Gear shift issue - Not so common' Gear shift issue - Not so common

But if it is it would just move around with no resistance or not much, it wouldn't be moving the shift rod

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220610-235703.jpg
    Screenshot_20220610-235703.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220611-000446.jpg
    Screenshot_20220611-000446.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back