Battery Tender....sorry if this has been discussed, but:

I have been using the Battery Tender Plus for several years on bikes from KTM race bikes, to my Triumph Tiger, to my Arctic Cat ATV and now my Rocket 3. Love it.

Crazy Ted, are you on .com too? I think I know you from there also, no? So, you think it's normal that my battery died in the cold after I rode it a week before for a good distance? It has been cold, but not sure what's considered normal. I've had 4 bikes and other than some initial battery problems with my Shadow ACE, my bikes have run in the cold. I have the B Tender Plus, but what if I move to an apt. bldg and don't have access to electrical to have it run on a tender all winter?:cool:

I'm using the Harley Davidson intelligent trickle charger. It came with my Ultra (which I no longer own). Charges when needed and shuts off when not. Worked great on the HD and works as well on my R3T.

You attach the required cable to the battery - the same one that can power heated vests - which you can keep tucked under the seat. I plug my bike in every time I park it in the garage, a habit I got into with the Harley because the security system was always on. It's probably not necessary with the R3T, but it doesn't hurt. Might even make the battery last longer.

Yeah, the few things I've bought from Harley were quality....my battery tender plus has the same piece that hangs out from under the seat. However, I need to buy longer bolts/screws to get thru the cable and the charger collar. :cool:

Not posted to be funny:cool: If you do not have snow on the ground you have no excuse to use a battery tender.:p

So I take it you believe that Triumph should give me a new battery under the 2 yr warranty since it's only a couple months old? I know they will say I should have it charging with a battery tender.:cool:

Can you charge the battery by plugging the Battery Tender into the accessory socket? I can do that on my Tiger but I can't find any info on the Rocket. I'm asking because I understand that on newer BMW's you can't charge through the accessory socket.

I hooked the battery tender to the battery directly, but it has a piece that hangs out under the seat...I need to buy longer bolts though.:cool:

Looking for a tutorial on accessing and charging the battery on a '15 Touring.

We got a nice, upper 40 degree day here in Northeast Ohio today and thought I'd fire it up, but it's just turning over slowly. I don't want to ruin anything with repetitive attempts.

So now, I sit here crying because it won't start. Woe is me...

Seriously though, I'm about as mechanically inclined as an eight year old accountant. Any pointers from you experienced folks out there?

This is what I use on both my bikes, and I just bought the bigger one for my stored summer car.

IMG_20180110_180958.jpg

I use a NOCO G750 on mine. I was remiss about hooking it up and the bike sat about 2 months off the tender and when I hooked it up the other night it had charged the battery up by morning. I'm happy with it and right now they are having a 15% off sale if you cough up an email.

bob

Back