Battery Tender....sorry if this has been discussed, but:

I lucked out...

Apparently, all it needed was another 20 degrees of warmth and it fired right up for me today. We had a very cold stretch then it went into the 40s for a few days.

Once it got close to 60 today, I went out, turned the key and it didn't hesitate to start.

I'm still going to get one of those Optimate chargers everyone keeps talking about.

Is it just a screw and two bolts on the sides to get the seat off on a '15 Touring?

I lucked out...

Apparently, all it needed was another 20 degrees of warmth and it fired right up for me today. We had a very cold stretch then it went into the 40s for a few days.

Once it got close to 60 today, I went out, turned the key and it didn't hesitate to start.

I'm still going to get one of those Optimate chargers everyone keeps talking about.

Is it just a screw and two bolts on the sides to get the seat off on a '15 Touring?

Yes, the screw on the fender and the two bolts on the sides. It lifts up from the back and is pulled slightly rearward as the front is hook under a bracket. Pulling it slightly rearward pulls the nose of the seat away from under the bracket. Push the nose forward to put the seat back on.

Yes, the screw on the fender and the two bolts on the sides. It lifts up from the back and is pulled slightly rearward as the front is hook under a bracket. Pulling it slightly rearward pulls the nose of the seat away from under the bracket. Push the nose forward to put the seat back on.
Thank you.

You seem to have a lot of problems starting your bikes up. Here in Finland summer is like winter in most places and I never have had a need to charge my battery during summer time. Some times do but just for maintenance reasons not for power running out.

I use Ctek charger (MXS 3.8). Not that one exactly ´cause mine in from 2006 (but still going strong). It´s a so called smart charger so just plug it in and forget about it. The manual says it´s ok to keep it changing for like 5 months or so. I guess mine is not that smart as the new ones but smart enough for me.

The battery is the same as used in my friends 1994 Harley Heritage. We have bigger engine so it is totally possible to run out of power.

Back