Bad weather and rain

FGR

.020 Over
Hello Everybody,
A question since I’m considered fairly to the Rockets. How do you find riding the Rocket III Roadster in the rain?
Any issues or post-ride issues to consider?

Thank you all

Ride safe 👍👍

Speaking for the older Rockets... I've had the pleasure of riding in the rain on many occasions and displeasure of riding in the snow once. I found my girl very stable. That said, I run Avon Cobra/Cobra Chrome tires and am a bit more gingerly on the throttle in bad weather. The OEM Metzler tires were junk and I would slide on crosswalk paint when it was dry as a bone out. I had no issue with handling or with water getting in places it shouldn't. That said, I'm running the OEM air intake plumbing so can't speak for those with the upgrade. I also utilize engine braking a tad more than normal too. Since I'm or an R3T, I have full size windscreen which is a huge help.
-MIG

Speaking for the older Rockets... I've had the pleasure of riding in the rain on many occasions and displeasure of riding in the snow once. I found my girl very stable. That said, I run Avon Cobra/Cobra Chrome tires and am a bit more gingerly on the throttle in bad weather. The OEM Metzler tires were junk and I would slide on crosswalk paint when it was dry as a bone out. I had no issue with handling or with water getting in places it shouldn't. That said, I'm running the OEM air intake plumbing so can't speak for those with the upgrade. I also utilize engine braking a tad more than normal too. Since I'm or an R3T, I have full size windscreen which is a huge help.
-MIG
Thanks, appreciate your reply.
I was actually curious as well to know if water can sneak into electrical and stuff like that. My bike is fairly stock..

Thanks, appreciate your reply.
I was actually curious as well to know if water can sneak into electrical and stuff like that. My bike is fairly stock..
I've been through many torrential downpours and flooded streets (not always by choice!) with no electrical issues or problems.
-MIG

Back