Man that sucks!!
I would be getting the part in myself, the dealer is possibly waiting to get a larger order together to maximize the freight costs or something, I would search the net around the world and import one myself. These rotten buggers couldn't care less that your not riding:mad:

Man that sucks!!
I would be getting the part in myself, the dealer is possibly waiting to get a larger order together to maximize the freight costs or something, I would search the net around the world and import one myself. These rotten buggers couldn't care less that your not riding:mad:

you said it all there! they could care less

A friend of mi.e had a similar problem getting parts for his new Tiger. The starter went bad and he was down for quite a while. Fortunately, he has several other Triumphs to ride, but that isn't the point here.

He went on Facebook and posted a complaint about how long it was taking to get the parts. He received a reply from the VP of the US region or however they have it broken out. The VP said that he was going to make the part get there and hook up my friend with a free jacket.

I am not one to advocate 'running to mommy' to get things done; but you sound like you may be at that point. It it gets things done, that is what needs to be done. Your mileage may vary with this, but it certainly can't hurt. I am sure that they watch Facebook pretty closely for unhappy owners as it is a very public venu.

Give it a go and see what happens.

Rash

The ignition switch can be repaired. Have them either jumper it or repair it while they wait. Holding your bike to suit their schedule is just wrong. :(

Well its been almost a month and half and my bike, a 2006 Rocket, is still at the dealership for a bad ignition switch. Still no part and no idea when the part will get here. All the dealer is telling me that the part is held up in customs somewhere.

As you can imagine this is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth about Triumph motorcycles. So much a bad taste that I have been looking at other bikes recently which I have never done before in the 6 years that I have owned my Rocket. I really don't know what my options are as far as get the igintion switch to my dealership. Maybe they should be doing more but you know how the government works, slow as hell. This should be a pretty common part to be stocked over here somewhere with all the failures that have occured on the earlier Rockets.

In the meantime I'm looking at other bikes to satisfy me as I need to be riding a bike.

You have been waiting almost 2 months for a part that will fail you again... IMHO I would replace to ignition with one of the many options that have been talked about on the forum if you still enjoy the bike that is.....

He went on Facebook and posted a complaint about how long it was taking to get the parts. He received a reply from the VP of the US region or however they have it broken out. The VP said that he was going to make the part get there and hook up my friend with a free jacket.

Give it a go and see what happens.

Rash

I tried this on facebook and didn't even get a responce. How's that for someone giving a ****.

Back