Arkansas Rocket

.040 Over
Well its been almost a month and half and my bike, a 2006 Rocket, is still at the dealership for a bad ignition switch. Still no part and no idea when the part will get here. All the dealer is telling me that the part is held up in customs somewhere.

As you can imagine this is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth about Triumph motorcycles. So much a bad taste that I have been looking at other bikes recently which I have never done before in the 6 years that I have owned my Rocket. I really don't know what my options are as far as get the igintion switch to my dealership. Maybe they should be doing more but you know how the government works, slow as hell. This should be a pretty common part to be stocked over here somewhere with all the failures that have occured on the earlier Rockets.

In the meantime I'm looking at other bikes to satisfy me as I need to be riding a bike.

Well its been almost a month and half and my bike, a 2006 Rocket, is still at the dealership for a bad ignition switch. Still no part and no idea when the part will get here. All the dealer is telling me that the part is held up in customs somewhere.

As you can imagine this is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth about Triumph motorcycles. So much a bad taste that I have been looking at other bikes recently which I have never done before in the 6 years that I have owned my Rocket. I really don't know what my options are as far as get the igintion switch to my dealership. Maybe they should be doing more but you know how the government works, slow as hell. This should be a pretty common part to be stocked over here somewhere with all the failures that have occured on the earlier Rockets.

In the meantime I'm looking at other bikes to satisfy me as I need to be riding a bike.
Kim, you have all the right to be mad, buy you a different bike and give me the rocket i will do the suffering for you, hey what friends are for?:D

Back when the primary tps was hard to get, I got on the phone and called dealers all over the country until I found one at Baxters in Il. You might want to try to make a few calls.

That is the only part of owning the Triumph that I worry about. No parts, only a few dealers.... In the mean time why cant they bypass the **** switch while your waiting for the new one so you can at least use the bike....

So, this is Triumph's fault? because your dealer is not holding stock? or because customs are holding the delivery?

I find it hard to believe customs would hold back the delivery for so long... maybe your dealer is talking a bit of bull?

Time to throw a tanty I think....

Won't do any good. They really don't care. They have your money already.

How many other dealerships have you called? Like you say, its a common problem. Hard to imaging there aren't dealers out there who stock the part.

I'm with bonecarver. Surely there's a temp fix someone can do for you to get you mobile at least. It's a switch, after all, and can be bypassed.

I would contact Triumph Detroit. All they sell are Triumphs and they have always treated me well. I just purchashed my Rocket III Touring from them having had two Bonneville America's from them. Great dealer!!!

Back