avon cobra tyres

markc

Buckkwheat
Ride
07 r3 classic
Hello

I understand that Avon is coming out with a rear tire that fits the R3. It is suppose to be a completely new design that replaces their venom-r tire. Anybody heard anything about this?

Markc

Ya

Avon comes to my door all the time but just don't like the eye liner:D

No but I talked to a Avon rep, and he said he has heard of a couple new tires coming out but don't look for the prices to be low. If they are the only 2 making the tire I'm sure the prices will be close why loose all that profit. If one is getting that price why can't 2.
We can just wait and see what kind of wear life it has.

Well isint that sweet,the highest price on the list.So nice of them to help us out.I paid a total of 239 mounted and ball,so avon can kiss my ***#.

Never know what the new compounds will be like.The ones I had were hard and wore great on V Twins with half the power.Be afraid of them if its the same compound.BJC

Avon calling

Well isint that sweet,the highest price on the list.So nice of them to help us out.I paid a total of 239 mounted and ball,so avon can kiss my ***#.

True enough but at least there is an option ... sort of.
These guys also quote the Metzeler at $ 257, about $30 less than MSRP. I found the Metz at $185, so maybe others will sell the Avon at a deeper discount, as well.

A question ... how do Avon tires wear, relative to the Metz. I know it's very difficult to compare because of all the variables.

Back