avon cobra tyres

TONYMAC......How did the tires work out?

Due to my work schedule (I work in Spain) and Michigan's wonderful weather I only managed about 50 miles on them before the white stuff made an appearance.

To date I am glad I have them on as they seem to improve the handling and feel.

I was pretty much already sold on the Avons as l much preferred Avons to Metz's (and Dunlops) when I had a Valkyrie.

If you want to know about the Avons it might be worth you dropping TxRIIIRider a line as he has had them on his bike for a while now.

Let me know how you get on.

Tony

The last set of Avons I had were on a Yamaha Seca 750. I hope they've improved since then, the Seca chewed them up in no time.

Why is it that when a person has a bad experience with one model of one brand of tire that the whole brand is now deemed bad? Metzeler makes the ME880, our OEM tire, which I don't care for.

However, I had Metzeler MeZ4's on my Thunderbird Sport and I loved them on that bike.. As a matter of fact, some model of Avon came stock on the Thunderbird Sport and no one liked it because it didn't have a center tread groove, which sucked in the rain.. But I'm enjoying these new Cobra and have a lot of miles on them now.. ( I'll have to check the odometer when I get home to see how many mile I have on them now.. )

How have the Avons been

Why is it that when a person has a bad experience with one model of one brand of tire that the whole brand is now deemed bad? Metzeler makes the ME880, our OEM tire, which I don't care for.

However, I had Metzeler MeZ4's on my Thunderbird Sport and I loved them on that bike.. As a matter of fact, some model of Avon came stock on the Thunderbird Sport and no one liked it because it didn't have a center tread groove, which sucked in the rain.. But I'm enjoying these new Cobra and have a lot of miles on them now.. ( I'll have to check the odometer when I get home to see how many mile I have on them now.. )

Given that it has been a while, now, what is your impression of the Cobras ?

Handling? Mileage? General impressions?

thanks

Steve

I rode to Shreveport yesterday... :) Heading to Hot Springs tomorrow.. Hit a down pour for about 20 minutes and didn't hydroplane, so still have enough tread for that... :)

Sold on Avon?

So, TXRIII, are you a tried and true Avon man now? Do you like the performance and wear enough compared to the Metz that you'll stick with Avon Cobras for good?

Avon Cobra AV72

Avon makes a tire Cobra AV71(front) and the AV72(Rear). For the Standard AV72 240/50R16 $277.95 and for the Touring 180/70R16 $246.95 at PhatPerformanceParts.com
They are $276.99 and $210.99 respectively at Motorcycle Super Store.

Back