avon cobra tyres

True enough but at least there is an option ... sort of.
These guys also quote the Metzeler at $ 257, about $30 less than MSRP. I found the Metz at $185, so maybe others will sell the Avon at a deeper discount, as well.

A question ... how do Avon tires wear, relative to the Metz. I know it's very difficult to compare because of all the variables.
-----I agree with that,if they don't at least get close to Metz. prices they might have to eat them..Jack

It is a different bike but I put 3 sets of Metz's on my VTX1800. It was modified and put out some power. I was really not happy with the tire life of the Metz's. I tried the Avon VenomR and it was a much better tire. Where I would spin with the Metz I would stick with my Avon and lift the front tire off the ground? It had about 30-40% longer life as well and the price was a bit cheaper. I will definately try the Avon for the Rocket when I need one based on my prior experience with them. To each his own but I know quite a few people that have had really good luck with Avon's. Guess we will see in the coming year. Be quite awhile before the snow melts enough for Jack and myself to get our beasts out. 5 degrees outside right now!

Just wait B man Iam working on a solid rubber tire guaranteed to get 100.000 miles.They worked in the 20s and 30s why not today.Some one send me 100.000 for development and I'll get started.BJC

what are you guys running for rear pressure? I got just over 1000 miles out of my stock BT56 on my Hayabusa. I usually get about 3k out of a rear and maybe another 500 miles out of a front running aggressive street tires. I usually opt for sport touring tires (Michelin Pilot Roads are my favorite) and eek 5k-6k or so out of a rear and front. Some of it might be the riding I typically enjoy and some of it might be from cheeseburgers. :D

I run the highest rear PSI I can. Usually about 40psi in the rear and 36-38 front. Knock about 10psi off for trackdays.

Back