Anyone using a Mustang seat on their Rocket?

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
I have found some really good deals on Mustang touring seats with rider backrest online. They are selling for about $400.00 US. I just put one on my America, but have not put too many miles on it yet. Anyone have this seat on their Rocket and what do you thing?

I am using a Corbin....they start out quite firm, but they accommodate you well in about 1000 miles. I reckon Mustangs would be about the same, though some who've had both think Mustangs might be a little more comfy. I can't complain about my Corbin though.

HEY ARTO is your bike up and running ?

Yeap been pootling about from A to B
But no fun yet, making too much boost so i've a custom pulley being fabricated right now (taking forever..), which ought to slow the blower down a bit.
1st world problems!

I'm not using it on my R3R but have one that I have used a lot on my hog. My R3R has a Corbin. To me these seats couldn't be more opposite. The Mustang has a more cushy feel while the Corbin is much harder. That being said I feel the Corbin gives you better support as you don't tend to sink in like the Mustang. Both these seats are good but like exhausts, tires etc there will be many opinions. If you want mine I prefer the Corbin over my Mustang. Hope that helps.

I didn't know Mustang made a seat for the Rocket III last time a checked my 2005 Standard wasn't on the list. I've had one on my 2001 roadking now going on fourteen years and it has held up well. In fact it is as comfortable as the first day i put it on. I visited their factory and it is a top notch operation
IMG_0264 (3).JPG

I put a Corbin on my last bike and took it on a 3200 mile trip - it became hard as a rock, and I would end up sliding forward on it. The last few days on the seat were torture. The OEM seat on my R3R feels great to my butt, been out for 2 hours without stopping and it has no issues...Had a Mustang on my first bike and it was great...did a 2200 mile trip with that and barely noticed it -

I am attempting to put a Mustang seat on the 15 R3T now, in fact a call to Mustang is about to happen. I bought one and it came on Saturday, I tried to fit it but no joy. It appears that the 2 side mount screw brackets are not installed correctly, line one up and the other side is a 1/2" off. The brackets are pop riveted to the plastic? seat pan, I figure I can remove them and slot the brackets and re rivet BUT not before talking to Mustang. The quality looks good and it does lower the riding position, just need to sort the fit.

Well, sucks to be me. I chatted with Mustang and will be returning the seat. Mustang made an error in their catalog and the seats DO NOT fit a R3T newer than 2008. I have sent a note to the seller of mine and am awaiting their response. Mustang did not indicate a schedule to make a pan that would fit the 2009 and newer, so I do not see that brand in my immediate future.
Drats, the seat looked really nice.
Do NOT buy a MUSTANG for a 2009 and newer, it is not going to fit.

Back