ANYBODY install the Gas Tank KNEE PADS?

I started by fitting the small left side pad, but it just did not stck, cleaned the tank with the cleaner provided with the kit, worked out a good position but the very top and a bit on the bottom would not stick, what do I do next. I guess I have to buy some thin sticky two sided paper.
Anyone suggest a fix.
Thanks

Contact cement, or auto trim adhesive.

Considering the R3T. I had "Techspec" pads on my former Kawasaki C14. They were a top shelf quality product. All the pads stuck great and the rubber/product was very substantial. Just Google the company. I had the "snakeskin" texture and it was the first thing I looked for when I bought my R3T. Couldn't find them so I contacted the company. They advised they did not have them in production, but if I sent a tracing or outline of what I was looking for, they could probably make them. I put it off because that's not something I'm particular good at. If someone has a steady hand and wanted to trace something out, I could be the middleman with TechSpec and see what they could do for us????? Any thoughts?

I like my set but the LHS side one has also lifted at the bottom where my leg has nudged the edge off I presume. I did use a spray on bottle of Isopropyl alcohol to ensure the area were clean. The RHS and rear units have stuck well.

If you want a different look you can either use the Bonneville ones or aftermarket stuff like 'Techspec' which are very expensive in my view (over AUD$100) I have a set of unused Daytona 675 ones I got in 'C3' texture for less than AUD$50 on eBay I may use on my Sprint 1050 but they also sell plain sheets as stated above.
3 'Techspec' Textures
Snakeskin: Snake Skin - TechSpec
C3: C3 - TechSpec
High Fusion: High Fusion - TechSpec

@Lonzol also does custom ones (even in your own design) in neoprene for a great price and much lower than I have seen elsewhere.
For Sale - OIL TANK EMBELLISHERS/TANK PADS:

Anyone in the USA found a store with these for sale (third party)?
Thanks in advance if you can share it.
Cheers
LCL

Anyone in the USA found a store with these for sale (third party)?
Thanks in advance if you can share it.
Cheers
LCL
Asking US$35 + $10 postage. BUT make an offer! You will get them cheaper.

I bought a set from Ishrub around Father's Day I think (gift from my sons). They're discontinued so you gotta look real hard to find some. Don't worry if they're used and the adhesive is gone. The ones I got from Pete were still new in the pack, but I think after sitting so long, the peel and stick adhesive didn't do too well. I came out to my bike one afternoon after is was sitting in the sun and found them both lying on the ground. If you do find a set and run into the same issue, here's my fix.

I used my callused fingers and rubbed off all the old adhesive until they were all clean and then rubbed the backs down real good with alcohol and then a little Brake Clean, to get the rubber as little tacky. I used clear silicon, then put them in place and taped them on good. Let the silicon set real good and then peel off the tape (use painter's tape so it'll release easy- don't want to pull the pads back off the tank trying to get the tape off!) No problems since and I LOVE them!

I have a new old stock sitting on the shelf in the garage. Thanks for the info on re guleing
After my crash I transferred mine to my new tank (thanks @Mittzy ). I used this 3M double sided adhesive. You peel the paper off one side. Stick it to the rubber pieces. Trim it out with scissors. Then when you remove the other paper sheet, the only thing left is a perfect super thin layer of adhesive on the part. Then clean the tank and stick it on. I think it's the same adhesive that was used on them when new. Works like a champ !
Screenshot_20201205-091851.png

Back