Any one use these Risers

I have a set of those risers, the 3 1/2 inch rise which have just been fitted to my Hayabusa. They have been fitted by the Suzuki main dealer as I needed a longer cables, I will post pictures when they get the bike back to me which should be on Friday.
One issue they had... Was that there is no splines or knurling on the pivot points and so they could not pass the bike off as it was considered a safety issue. In the end they drilled and pinned it so that it can get passed off.
I don't know whether a bit of knurling would really make a difference and I would be interested to hear your thoughts on that guys.
Cheers

Seems to me that it sux to ride motor in England & the EU.
Tis very sad learning of all your super strict rego laws & rules & their nit-pik inspections!
We are very fortunate not to have this oppressive crap where I live.
If I go with ROX (still considering building my own bars), I would use some rough emery & etch some splines then call it good.
This pin requirement you speak of is stupid, stupid, stupid!
If you are in a collision, those 1" bars are going to bend anyway.
Tis better to go forward over bent bars than to have them remain in place & gouge out your balls!

:thumbsup:
Seems to me that it sux to ride motor in England & the EU.
Tis very sad learning of all your super strict rego laws & rules & their nit-pik inspections!
We are very fortunate not to have this oppressive crap where I live.
If I go with ROX (still considering building my own bars), I would use some rough emery & etch some splines then call it good.
Tis better to go forward over bent bars than to have them remain in place & gouge out your balls!

A very eloquent statement:thumbsup::D

Now fitted to the busa, Upper body posture is now as comfortable as the Rocket which was my aim. These are 3 1/2 inch risers plus a top yoke conversion and I can confirm after a 120 mile ride yesterday there is no flex or vibration or movement.
After all that moaning they did about safety it does not look like they put a pin in so ball saftey is good. 20180414_151739.jpg
20180414_151739.jpg
20180414_151726.jpg
20180414_151715.jpg
20180414_151702.jpg

The problem, Steve, is that not all motorcycle riders are , shall we say, mechanically competent.

And this is exacerbated by some aftermarket stuff being so out of spec that said competence is necessary.

7/8" is 22.225mm but a lot of bars sold are 22mm. Ditto 1" is 25.4mm but cheap bars are 25mm or occasionally 26mm. This can lead to very poor clamping. Knurling helps with this. The pin system I have seen on some bikes from stock.

The bars will still bend in a thump - but will not loosen during riding. And after some of the bodge jobs I have helped redress at my mates workshop - Frankly a bit of idiot-proofing is occasionally no bad thing. My preferred fix for seriously worn clamps is a divot in the bars with a ball bearing and set screw. I would almost certainly apply the ball solution to one of the ROX riser axis once adjusted to fit.

Somewhere I have some Chinese made "super adjustable" handle bars. They were cheap and I wanted to have a look. They would be a serious health risk on ANY m/c - The concept is great and they would do the job well (on lightweight bikes and scooters) if correctly fitted. But by dint of what they are and the cost - I will bet real money that the majority of users will fall foul of over or under tightening them. But tehy came in a really nicely made box - and that's all that matters, eh!. HeliBars are concious of the issue so limit the adjust-ability of their bars - but there is a cost difference.

The pin is there for folk that think a USD5 80-pce socket set on ebay is a GOOD BUY. The ones that round off bolt corners, mess up Phillips head screws - folk that put 24V bulbs in 12V vehicles because they have more wattage. The ones that think everything from Loctite is super-glue. And also think Facebook and Twitter are private.

I've used Rox's Risers on VTX & Raider, for my applications, everything held tight even though no Knurling. Each time providing the comfort I was looking for. While they adjust at both points of contact, their adjustability can be restricted due to position limitations required to access bolts for tightening. Also Depends on clearance of surrounding equipment. I'm not sure Rox will line up right overall on the R3. I have run into conflicting information for the fitment of Rivco, I did contact Rivco and they confirmed my fitment. Due to the Rivco being tried and true, I have ordered a pair of Rivco for the Rocket Roadster. Another thread here on the forum offered info on what I found to be best buy. Phat Performance Parts have them at a discount 5% and currently allow taking a promo code for another 5% rounding off to $165.25 no tax / free shipping. I'll be interested to hear if/how the Rox's work out, most likely will still require rerouting. I'm including pics of a Raider stock photo and a set of extra 3" I have.
One other piece of info I found on the forum and commented on twice in this thread - it seems the 2005 yr has a instrument cluster that is hinged and works well with the Rivco allowing easier tank access/clearance.

Sidney-20130407-00040 (640x479).jpg
20160305_091404.jpg
20160305_091446 (1).jpg

I've used Rox's Risers on VTX & Raider, for my applications, everything held tight even though no Knurling. Each time providing the comfort I was looking for. While they adjust at both points of contact, their adjustability can be restricted due to position limitations required to access bolts for tightening. Also Depends on clearance of surrounding equipment. I'm not sure Rox will line up right overall on the R3. I have run into conflicting information for the fitment of Rivco, I did contact Rivco and they confirmed my fitment. Due to the Rivco being tried and true, I have ordered a pair of Rivco for the Rocket Roadster. Another thread here on the forum offered info on what I found to be best buy. Phat Performance Parts have them at a discount 5% and currently allow taking a promo code for another 5% rounding off to $165.25 no tax / free shipping. I'll be interested to hear if/how the Rox's work out, most likely will still require rerouting. I'm including pics of a Raider stock photo and a set of extra 3" I have.
One other piece of info I found on the forum and commented on twice in this thread - it seems the 2005 yr has a instrument cluster that is hinged and works well with the Rivco allowing easier tank access/clearance.

Sidney-20130407-00040 (640x479).jpg
20160305_091404.jpg
20160305_091446 (1).jpg

Well I've already ordered and sent back the 2 inch Rox risers.I'm going to order the three and a half inch and get longer cables and brake line. I have a set of@chandlerman t bars and he sends a 2-inch bracket which just move your gauges back toward the driver 2 inchs so the t bars fit correctly, it looks like I'll have no problem using the Rox risers I just need to extend the cables. The the stock cables. would have had to be rerouted, and I'm not into that, so I'm going to order cables and brake lines about 3 in longer than stock. And it's just too 8mm bolts to unhook the gauges wrap them in a towel and laying to the side, not a whole lot of problem for me. Thank you very much for all the information and your knowledge. Will send pics when I get it all done.

Back