Two dudes lifting a Rocket IS IMPRESSIVE!!! Dam*!!!
I have seen those type of straps used on friges, washers, dryers - never on a PIANO!
Next time you get a chance, do a video of them moving your Rocket around!
Me thinks that would be VERY educational to ALL of us!
:thumbsup:

I will if I get a chance,the Rocket weighs about the same weight as a grand piano 800lb or so ,what they usually do is use a dolly, but they use the straps to lift each end and spin it around on bits of carpet then get on the other end and bring it around straight and repeat the action one end at a time never lifting the whole weight ,the straps let them use their leg strength to lift rather than their backs, I can see how two experienced guys could move a Rocket quietly out of a garage using the straps one end at a time ,it took the guys a couple of minutes to move mine from the back of my shed to the front about 15mtrs .

The noise it emits was a huge surprise to me.
It is so loud I am enjoying setting it off, just to be a PITA! :eek: :roll:

I agree, this thing is quite shockingly loud; like you I thought it was way louder than expected. In fact you don't want to be anywhere close to it when it's going off!!!
The main feature of course is the lock itself - but the alarm is an added bonus in my book.

One suggestion Steve is to get one of those lanyards from Ebay to loop round the lock and your bar grip - not only as a reminder to yourself but also makes it more noticeable to malfeasants that there is a disc-lock on there!

I agree, this thing is quite shockingly loud; like you I thought it was way louder than expected. In fact you don't want to be anywhere close to it when it's going off!!!
The main feature of course is the lock itself - but the alarm is an added bonus in my book.
One suggestion Steve is to get one of those lanyards from Ebay to loop round the lock and your bar grip - not only as a reminder to yourself but also makes it more noticeable to malfeasants that there is a disc-lock on there!

Ken,
Please explain this lanyard further.
Perhaps a link?

Incidentally, looking at that picture I posted above of the Harley with the reminder cable lanyard reminded me:

Specifically for the Xena 'Motion Detector Alarmed Locks' (like yours Steve, the XX-14, same one I have) - the motion detector is at its least sensitive when in the position shown on that Harley, at 6 o'clock
It is at its MOST sensitive at 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock

On my road trip last year, I had it at about 4 o'clock - there it did not 'false' once, but as soon as you touched the handlebars it would go off.
And one night there was quite a storm and it still not go off, undisturbed.
Perfect - nothing worse than an audible alarm going off for no reason but assuring to know if someone DOES touch it it will go off!

Looking out my Hotel window I could see one guy 'admiring' my bike - he was walking all around it, looking and kneeling down to look at things - I wasn't worried as it was directly outside the lobby
But I was thinking "look but please don't touch!" or you are going to get a rude awakening! :D
Fortunately he restrained his hands from reaching out ................

Thanks! The reminder cable IS a good idea and I shall rig something up as it's too late now to buy one (leaving Tuesday).

Anybody got a Xena XX-14? Reading Amazon reviews and appears that they don't fit their Thunderbird 900, wondering if it would work on an R3.
I use an Oxford Screamer Alarmed Disc Lock on my 2011 R3R. if fits and seems to work a treat. I've only had it for a week so time will tell how it goes. Paid $30AUD for it so not expensive.

Thanks! The reminder cable IS a good idea and I shall rig something up as it's too late now to buy one (leaving Tuesday).
I don't bother with the cable, as soon as you move the handlebars the siren gives a warning then goes off. A bit hard to forget about it?

I don't bother with the cable, as soon as you move the handlebars the siren gives a warning then goes off. A bit hard to forget about it?

Valid point, but then I have to climb back off to go remove the Xena.
I also like the concept of making the Xena very noticeable to potential thieves and possible avoiding damage to my rotor and/or caliper.

Back