New alarm fitted... Impressed!!!

El Bruto

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 2005/6 modifed!!!!
I fitted an aftermarket alarm today, its called a Spy5000... wasn't expecting much as its not stupidly expensive..... However.... Very impressed!!!

Comes with 2 intelligent remotes, a knock sensor and an adjustable microwave proximity sensor..

It was easy to install, remotes are a nice quality with a display showing an image of the bike.. and state of alarm..

So.. if I walk away without setting the bike chirps, the remote flashes and vibrates... If I accidentally unset the alarm it re-arms if ignition is not turned on..

If someone goes near the beast it will chirp a warning, and at the same time the remote flashes and vibrates indicating a proximity warning.. if they stay too close for more than 5 sec it goes into alarm state.. Obviously the knock sensor sets off alarm immediately, and the remote informs you its a knock alarm.
It can also start the bike remotely to warm it up, although it cannot be ridden in that state as the motor shuts down after a preset time. Again remote shows if the bike has successfully started.

If ignition is turned on while alarm is set it will immobilize the bike and set off alarm..

The remote has a supposed communication distance of 5000m hence the name..

Had one small issue with 1 cable when installing but tel support was first class and sorted within minutes..

Hi there, i just look at you post and i have to tell you that i have got the same alarm three years ago on a honda paneuropean and i notice that the alarm eats many times the battery so i have to pull the motorbike myself to start the engine and ask for help every time it comes, so at last i take the alarm off and everything was well.I dont know if the same happens to you.Mybe and idea willbe to have a battery disconector to save battery power of corse when the r3 is at home or you ar near the bike.I got my 2014 R3 and i love it.I hope you see this and it help you on some way.

JM2C.. When i bought my Roadking in 2001 it came with an alarm system. I used it only once the first week I had it , that was 16 years ago... Waste of money in my opinion. If you have to go that route and live in the hood, I'd recommend Lo-Jack..It takes a professional thief 3-15 seconds to steal a bike.

Last edited:
JM2C.. When i bought my Roadking in 2001 it came with an alarm system. I used it only once the first week I had it , that was 16 years ago... Waste of money in my opinion. If you have to go that route and live in the hood, I'd recommend Lo-Jack..It takes a professional thief 3-15 seconds to steal a bike.
I would love to see them try to wrestle a rocket into a minivan :)

I have a unique alarm system. Requires no electrical input at all. Just a small sticker up around the key area that states (DO YOU FEEL LUCKY)

Back