Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Ive noticed a few threads on alarm systems especially Triumph ones causing people dramas , if you want a reliable hassle free alarm that is customizable to your needs then you cant go past the Scorpio brand.

My current ride is the 3rd bike i have fitted this system to and never had an issue, instillation takes around 1/2hr to an hour depending on your talent with this sort of thing, have a look,

http://ridescorpio.com/shop/scorpio-secure/

Strongly considering adding the install of one of these to my off season improvement work.

Their Ride system looks good, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay a yearly fee. The normal alarm with proximity sensor should do the trick. I want to discourage people from using the bike as their own park bench when parked...

I bought my first Rocket new in Sept 09 and had the dealer install a Datatool alarm which was in the accessories catalogue
Fecking thing drove me MAD especially in petrol stations..it wouldn't let me start the bike and all it would do is beep..just what you need when
you have a crowd of people admiring the bike.
I'm no good with mechanics or electrics so I got a friend to remove it, then I beat the piss outta it with a 4lb hammer :D
Needless to say my current Rocket doesn't have an alarm :thumbsup:

RJ

Strongly considering adding the install of one of these to my off season improvement work.

Their Ride system looks good, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay a yearly fee. The normal alarm with proximity sensor should do the trick. I want to discourage people from using the bike as their own park bench when parked...
Good move mate, thats all ive ever had the alarm with proximity sensor , i do have the remote ignition cuttoff as well but havnt been game to start hacking into ignition wires

JM2C..big waste of money alarm systems. My Harley dealer threw one in at the time of the sale 14 years ago when i bought my Roadking i used it twice the first year. The second time i used it i couldn't get it to work, the fob was screwed up. If they want your bike an alarm system isn't going to stop them from getting it. I used this once but forget where i put it.:confused: To me this makes more sense, if they can't roll it they sure will have a hard time lifting it.

Last edited:
I use disk lock and Alarm together, if someone fux with my bike and im within 1/2 a mile i know whats happening and can give them the friendly persuassion needed to move them away from my bike. The perrimeter part of the alarm helps keep sticky beaks and touchy feelys away from the bike as well.

The alarmed Xena disc locks work great. Slightest movement of the bike and they go off - and they are LOUD. Not so sensitive that wind or just brushing past will set it off but anyone touches you bike or the lock it will be triggered. They cost around $60, are simple to use and can't leave you stranded (unless you loose the key).

Already have the disc brake lock with alarm, a 1.7 kilo ABUS Detecto 8000. It's a massive behemoth of a lock, fits the Rocket. Set me back a bit more than a Xena, but I've heard bad things about the Xenas - like that you can disable the speaker by ramming a screwdriver into it from the outside, nothing like that is exposed on this one. It just requires someone to jostle the bike quite severely before it starts howling, I wouldn't mind something that actually detected that someone was standing still right next to it.

The alarmed Xena disc locks work great. Slightest movement of the bike and they go off - and they are LOUD. Not so sensitive that wind or just brushing past will set it off but anyone touches you bike or the lock it will be triggered. They cost around $60, are simple to use and can't leave you stranded (unless you loose the key).
Sounds good. I'm still so traumatised by what I went through with the alarm on my bike (10 Harley riding mates standing next to it going off for an hour laughing at me) that I find it hard to even think about another one, but this thing sounds like you can just chuck it away if it plays up. Do you sell them over at your place Richard?

Sounds good. I'm still so traumatised by what I went through with the alarm on my bike (10 Harley riding mates standing next to it going off for an hour laughing at me) that I find it hard to even think about another one, but this thing sounds like you can just chuck it away if it plays up. Do you sell them over at your place Richard?

Sure. Send me your address and I can send you one on Monday. Can sort out payment later.

Back