Add me to the club - one less Rocket on the road

Glad you're still with us to make this post don't worry about the bike your insurance or should I say her insurance will take care of that.

****ed cell phones. You know, you younger people, there didn't used to be any such thing as cell phones. Your one and only phone was hooked to a wire in your house. When you left home, you had no phone. That's why there used to be a thing called pay phones. We used to get along just fine with NO cell phones. The world kept turning, and I'll bet not near as many people died because of that. It makes me sick about all the people out there now-a-days, that think they are so important that they must carry a phone everywhere they go. A holes sitting in a restaurant, phone blares away, then you gotta listen to them yacking away for 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes more. Dam it, if the call is so important, go outside and talk. When I go to the Diner, I leave my phone in my saddle bag, with the ringer turned off. And not's let get into all the snapshots and videos thing. Now-a-days if I stop on the side of the road to take a piss, I'll bet every other car that goes by is taking a pic or video, and by the time I get home, it's probably on youtube! YES, I'm an old fart, and long for the good old days!:banghead: Maybe instead of a sissy bar, we need a big pointed spike that sticks straight out the back of our bikes, windshield level, so maybe, if we get rear ended, at least we'll spear the stupid driver.

That sucks. Hopefully it can be repaired. Glad to hear your OK.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't want it repaired to be honest. There was enough energy in the crash to squash the tire flat against the wheel, and all that got transmitted thru the swing arm, driveshaft and into the gearbox no? How long until the thing self destructs and what if I'm hauling ass on it when it does? No thanks.

****ed cell phones. You know, you younger people, there didn't used to be any such thing as cell phones. Your one and only phone was hooked to a wire in your house. When you left home, you had no phone. That's why there used to be a thing called pay phones. We used to get along just fine with NO cell phones. The world kept turning, and I'll bet not near as many people died because of that. It makes me sick about all the people out there now-a-days, that think they are so important that they must carry a phone everywhere they go. A holes sitting in a restaurant, phone blares away, then you gotta listen to them yacking away for 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes more. Dam it, if the call is so important, go outside and talk. When I go to the Diner, I leave my phone in my saddle bag, with the ringer turned off. And not's let get into all the snapshots and videos thing. Now-a-days if I stop on the side of the road to take a piss, I'll bet every other car that goes by is taking a pic or video, and by the time I get home, it's probably on youtube! YES, I'm an old fart, and long for the good old days!:banghead: Maybe instead of a sissy bar, we need a big pointed spike that sticks straight out the back of our bikes, windshield level, so maybe, if we get rear ended, at least we'll spear the stupid driver.

Hey Cooter... That was a fine rant... :mad:

Back