Add me to the club - one less Rocket on the road

Mate - You are alive. And that's the key thing.

Don't get me going on cellphones. I do not OWN one. I am forced to have one by work but maybe not for long. I HOPE.
There was a time when having a cellphone was a badge of importance - but that has now changed. It is now the mark of being controlled.
Amazing. I have a flip phone work pays for. I never use it but to call in and tell them either am late heading out or stuck in traffic. Other than that not used. I watch people including my wife that are on their phones 24 seven. Thinking to myself who the #uck are they talking to?

****ed cell phones. You know, you younger people, there didn't used to be any such thing as cell phones. Your one and only phone was hooked to a wire in your house. When you left home, you had no phone. That's why there used to be a thing called pay phones. We used to get along just fine with NO cell phones. The world kept turning, and I'll bet not near as many people died because of that. It makes me sick about all the people out there now-a-days, that think they are so important that they must carry a phone everywhere they go. A holes sitting in a restaurant, phone blares away, then you gotta listen to them yacking away for 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes more. Dam it, if the call is so important, go outside and talk. When I go to the Diner, I leave my phone in my saddle bag, with the ringer turned off. And not's let get into all the snapshots and videos thing. Now-a-days if I stop on the side of the road to take a piss, I'll bet every other car that goes by is taking a pic or video, and by the time I get home, it's probably on youtube! YES, I'm an old fart, and long for the good old days!:banghead: Maybe instead of a sissy bar, we need a big pointed spike that sticks straight out the back of our bikes, windshield level, so maybe, if we get rear ended, at least we'll spear the stupid driver.
Yeah..and besides all that...texting while driving should be a Hanging Offense!

Live to ride another day Brother...
Hope the back injury doesn’t take you out of play!

Tuesday evening, I was on my way to our weekly bike night and got rear ended by a young lady too busy texting to see slowing traffic. Got knocked off bike and went bouncing along the top of her car before taking a ride on the asphalt.

I was geared up so no road salsa, but did a number on my lower back from the impact. Up and walking but not sure the bike is going to be repairable. Any accident you walk away from is a good one?

IMG_1079.JPG IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1087.JPG
Sorry to hear about the accident, had a nasty myself in July. First time to the Rockies in Colorado and brakes failed going down hill. Spent my entire vacation in the hospital and bike was totaled. Miss my roadster, but got a good deal on a touring just recently.

Tuesday evening, I was on my way to our weekly bike night and got rear ended by a young lady too busy texting to see slowing traffic. Got knocked off bike and went bouncing along the top of her car before taking a ride on the asphalt.

I was geared up so no road salsa, but did a number on my lower back from the impact. Up and walking but not sure the bike is going to be repairable. Any accident you walk away from is a good one?

IMG_1079.JPG IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1087.JPG
The real question is, was she insured? Her insurance money can go a long way toward making things whole. And yes being able to walk away is making the best of a bad situation.

Back