2020 Rocket 3 TFC owner's manual out now

When I try the translation of those youtube reviews I just love it when it says [Music] whilst the engine is revving... The rest of the translations are usually crap, but at least they get the music parts right :)

When I test rode a K1600GTL, when we got back, the salesman mentioned "and that was only in rain mode". I laughed and said it ain't now, I figured out how to change that in the first half mile.
When I test drove the K1600B the salesman took off like a race biker and I had to hustle to keep up. We were doing 70 mph in a 35 zone several times. When we got back I made a comment about the good ride and he said you looked like a guy that wanted a spirited ride. Freaking fantastic.

Done a lot of homework on the BMW. The K1600b is known for a wobble at or around 100MPH. Out of all the 1600 based models it is detuned the most. GTL is a bit better but still detuned because of trunk. The GT is the only model that is not detuned. It has a top end of around 150-160 MPH. Nothing like a Rocket it takes some time getting there. Test road all the 1600 models and the GT was the best one out of all. Next time take a ride on the GT it is like riding a different animal.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Afraid not, I had a deposit on the 1st one in this country but when the specs came out, I bailed.
(I would have felt quite the fool if I bought a TFC, after seeing the GT and R)

Here's a bit of a comparison Rocket III vs Rocket 3 (Gearing & Speeds). The figures in red are only calculated so might be a shade off. Hard to get exact figures with speedo & tacho errors, wheelspin, tyre wear, tyre pressure & so on.

upload_2019-11-24_19-22-1.png

So it appears that the cruising RPM @ 80mph in respective top gears for both bikes is the same, about 3000rpm.
To me this is a bit disappointing given the new bike has the magical 6th gear.... but i guess if you look at the way its powerband/delivery is crafted (revvier and peakier than the old Rocket, more like a sportbike), it makes sense.
My Hayabusa revs higher in 6th than my Rocket does in 5th at the same speed.

Due to the higher rev limit of the Rocket 3, you can hit 60mph in 1st no probs, this will explain the quick 0-60mph time of the new bikes - no gear changes to cost them time.

Also noticed the different firing order, old bike 1-2-3, new bike 1-3-2.

Gratitude for all the info and that PDF!

Back