2020 Rocket 3 TFC details released!

Well, I told myself if it was 25 or less, I'd get it. 25-30, I'd have to seriously think about it. Over 30, no way. I love love love the idea of an updated, modernized, more capable and more electronic Rocket, but once I add state tax its almost 31. And I suspect the dealer may try to make some money off it, too. I can afford it... but I dont think its worth it.

I'm getting my $1000 back. Triumph, you priced yourself out.

Back to my 13 year old beater.

(Edit: PS -> I've never seen a bike that I could look at and say "yeah, I'd pay 30 grand for it...")

I am here, just under $50K will limit buyers here. I see one line which fills me with disgust, "ride by wire throttle" ..... So we now have a nanny controlled bike like the new( 2016 on) twins where one cannot tune the bike properly until someone develops software to allow us to interact with the throttle settings..... Grrr. IF ANYONE knows of any tuning software that allows this on the existing Triumph FBW shyte, please let me know. If you are bored look at my FB page and refer to the Kawasaki H2 I tuned a couple of weeks back, some one had already had a bit of a dip at it and got an extra 15hp from stock, I got another 35hp and probably half of that gain was thru the FBW. Same as an R1 and V Max and a myriad of other FBW bikes. No-one seems to be interested in Triumph FBW as they are not as plentiful I guess. I am guessing that 170PS ( that would be at the crank) may turn into nearly 190hp at the rear tyre with a free breathing exhaust and an adjustable ECU.

Spoke to our dealer this morning and he hasnt been given a price yet but is basing his thoughts on the American price of $US29.000.
He has taken a deposit on one and expects delivery about December.
No word yet on any follow up Roadsters or anything but is sure its coming.
If you use the Thruxton as an example, the price of the follow up bike was considerably less than the TFC model..GBP17.500 down to GBP12.500 so that would put a Roadster version of the TFC Rocket in the mid to late $NZ30's.
So the wait continues....

Last edited:
As much as I would love a TFC it's not going to happen at those prices, will wait for the production model and see what happens..... I think Triumph are just a little over the top on the $$$$$$$ at the moment. As an earlier post said, wait a couple of years and pick up a second hand one at a nth of the cost new.

I am here, just under $50K will limit buyers here. I see one line which fills me with disgust, "ride by wire throttle" ..... So we now have a nanny controlled bike like the new( 2016 on) twins where one cannot tune the bike properly until someone develops software to allow us to interact with the throttle settings..... Grrr. IF ANYONE knows of any tuning software that allows this on the existing Triumph FBW shyte, please let me know. If you are bored look at my FB page and refer to the Kawasaki H2 I tuned a couple of weeks back, some one had already had a bit of a dip at it and got an extra 15hp from stock, I got another 35hp and probably half of that gain was thru the FBW. Same as an R1 and V Max and a myriad of other FBW bikes. No-one seems to be interested in Triumph FBW as they are not as plentiful I guess. I am guessing that 170PS ( that would be at the crank) may turn into nearly 190hp at the rear tyre with a free breathing exhaust and an adjustable ECU.
Here I was thinking that I was the only person who didn't want FBW. Looks like I'm in good company.

If you paid more than$15000 you paid too much, some places even had 17/models for $12000
My 2018 was just over 12000 on the road... heck I could go nuts on all the accessories and add a 265hp carpenter kit and still have a lot of money left vs cost of new model.. not really a surprise though which is why I snapped up the "old" model

The TFC is a one off collectors bike with a lot of stuff strapped on it. The guys who are fortunate enough to purchase one will get a great bike and thats for sure. Triumph have really raised the bar on this one.
The fact that the HP isn't way up there where alot of people thought it may be dont matter. The bike is lighter, more torque, has six speed, traction control,cornering ABS,cruise control,hill hold control,keyless ignition,TPS,optional bluetooth so you can run phone..go-pro etc...suspension is tops...adjustable calipers on the brakes..this bike is awesome!
So i'm not surprised at the price...i just hope the follow up Roadster and maybe 'the other' bike are both within the price range where they are affordable to the working man...i think they will be.

Back