2020 Rocket 3 TFC details released!

Now on Twitter:

Due to an extremely high level of interest, the Rocket TFC has now sold out!

With peak power now confirmed at 182PS and peak torque at 225Nm (both higher figures than previously expected) we’re sure there are 750 very happy TFC owners out there! Triumph Motorcycles on Twitter
Triumph dealerships may have 750 deposits taken from around the World, but 'very happy TFC owners'.?? Not yet there isn't!

I am keen to know if there's any difference in the bore/stroke and subsequent torque numbers of your build compared to the new engine. I see Triumph are claiming 'world's most ' blah blah blah but lets face it, there's bugger all increase compared to the 2.3

Well the 2.5L stoker is 2472cc, bigger than the new Rocket engine. 101.6 x 101.6mm, a square engine like a Veyron, Viper, Supra, etc.
In theory, the displacement is increased by 8% so that means 8% more air which means 8% more power.
However that's assuming the same volumetric efficiency etc. Since the displacement increase is due to stroke only, i would estimate that this might lower volumetric efficiency in % relative to engine size slightly, meaning not quite 8% increase in power but maybe 5-6% increase.
But i do expect 8% or more increase in torque, owing to the increased stroke. Possibly lower in the rpms than stock too, i don't know, just estimating. Expecting more vacuum low down too maybe that means better throttle response.
It will be interesting to see the dyno graph when it's done.

The bore x stroke of the new engine is 110.2 x 85.9mm which calcs out to 2457cc rather than their advertised 2458. I read on visordown that the new engine max power of 179 horses is made at 7000rpm.
Was expecting an increase in torque but the initial launch stats said 221nm which is the same as the old bike, and now the "actual" stats say 165 ftlb, or 224nm.
Either way, the increase in tq is disappointing to me.

With this spec engine i became apparent they've gone for a sportier / revvier engine than the gen 1.
So when these new stats came out (Triumph Rocket 3 TFC power and specs confirmed) the last day or 2, it was no surprise that the max tq is at 4000rpm rather than 2750rpm like the old Rocket.

Gut feel, max torque may be at a higher rpm but still relatively flat in profile. Probably way more torque at idle than most bikes...

ahhhhh the conversation speculation causes...... bring it on :)

With this spec engine i became apparent they've gone for a sportier / revvier engine than the gen 1.
So when these new stats came out (Triumph Rocket 3 TFC power and specs confirmed) the last day or 2, it was no surprise that the max tq is at 4000rpm rather than 2750rpm like the old Rocket
It's be interesting to see the torque curves of both engines starting around 2200 rpm.

Art, your engine is going to make gobs more torque than the 2457 motor as delivered, probably 40 - 50lb-ft more with a decent sized cam.

I really look forward to the day you put that sheet up!!! :)

IMG_0845.jpeg
Goodwood!

Somebody measure the wheelbase!!!
Wonder why this such a secret and not posted in any spec sheets???

Back