2020 Rocket 3 TFC details released!

Looks like the air filter is where the oil tank used to be, and the oil tank is under the seat. And what is that oval opening under the swing arm? Another exhaust outlet? Weird ????o_O

My pockets have become rather deep and yes bragging about it. Got a check today that just flat blew me away. Wife went out and spent some. Me i just worked on the bike and then looked at the direct deposit and said Fuc& it and got good and drunk. By the way I am fond of COORS.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsdown:

How do you get drunk on Coors? :)

I would not want traction control on a Rocket. Am I alone in this desire?

If it is anything like their other bikes, and I suspect it would be, it is selectable and non-intrusive. My Speed triple had it and I can assure you I rode the Speedy way more aggressive than I do a Rocket. In sport mode the traction control is all but non-existent. Like you I didn't ride it in the rain unless I got caught out somewhere. Rockets I've ridden in the rain a bunch with no issues

I am super stoked about the TFC. This will be my first Triumph after years on a Harley. I am currently riding a CVO Break Out and although I have loved it for the 6 years and 25K miles I am impressed by the TFC and components used. The CVO is supposed to be Harley's best foot forward but look at the components compared to the TFC and it seems to be a disappointment. Triumph uses non Triumph shocks, brakes, and other components to really provide a better end result. My CVO Break Out, 2013, needed a day maker (although it was provided in later years), exhaust, oil cooler, side cooling fan, and LEDs just to be ride-able. Ok, the exhaust was preference but no way would I ride at night with those pathetic lights. Plus the stock shock is not adequate. The 110 would leave me stranded when I got stuck in Northern Virginia traffic without the "Mods" that should not have been needed.

I guess my Harley years have made me a bit more receptive to the sticker shock, but I feel that too many Harley purists have come to accept the frequent rebuilds, lifters, lower end work and acceptable and I am hoping to branch out into a more quality ride. I think the collective reluctance of the TFC here speaks very highly of the satisfaction levels of you Rocket lovers and I am appreciating all of the input here so far. I have many months to wait and learn about this beast.

I am super stoked about the TFC. This will be my first Triumph after years on a Harley. I am currently riding a CVO Break Out and although I have loved it for the 6 years and 25K miles I am impressed by the TFC and components used. The CVO is supposed to be Harley's best foot forward but look at the components compared to the TFC and it seems to be a disappointment. Triumph uses non Triumph shocks, brakes, and other components to really provide a better end result. My CVO Break Out, 2013, needed a day maker (although it was provided in later years), exhaust, oil cooler, side cooling fan, and LEDs just to be ride-able. Ok, the exhaust was preference but no way would I ride at night with those pathetic lights. Plus the stock shock is not adequate. The 110 would leave me stranded when I got stuck in Northern Virginia traffic without the "Mods" that should not have been needed.

I guess my Harley years have made me a bit more receptive to the sticker shock, but I feel that too many Harley purists have come to accept the frequent rebuilds, lifters, lower end work and acceptable and I am hoping to branch out into a more quality ride. I think the collective reluctance of the TFC here speaks very highly of the satisfaction levels of you Rocket lovers and I am appreciating all of the input here so far. I have many months to wait and learn about this beast.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am an ex CVO rider also so the price tag is almost cheap looking.LOL This is what CVO should have been not just fancy paint and more chrome. I traded a modified CVO Fatbob for my current R3 Roadster and never looked back.

Have you rode one of the older models yet? This is a very strong motor. I'm just waiting for some dude on his tricked out CVO HD to try me at the stop light. I'm ready to roast some hog.;)

This new TFC is NOTHING like the older models. This one is way ahead of the others models from the frame up.

Ok so apparently now they have the actual official details released :rolleyes:

For the Ride

ALL-NEW FIRST-CLASS PERFORMANCE
At 2500cc, the world’s biggest motorcycle production engine is central to the Rocket 3 TFC’s new class-defining performance, delivering 165 FT-lbs (the world’s highest torque) and 179 horsepower, this is the most powerful Triumph to date. Adding to its unbeatable performance, the Rocket 3 TFC is also equipped with tailor-made, unique Arrow mufflers with carbon fiber end caps, for an unbelievable deep growling soundtrack

Ok so apparently now they have the actual official details released :rolleyes:

For the Ride

ALL-NEW FIRST-CLASS PERFORMANCE
At 2500cc, the world’s biggest motorcycle production engine is central to the Rocket 3 TFC’s new class-defining performance, delivering 165 FT-lbs (the world’s highest torque) and 179 horsepower, this is the most powerful Triumph to date. Adding to its unbeatable performance, the Rocket 3 TFC is also equipped with tailor-made, unique Arrow mufflers with carbon fiber end caps, for an unbelievable deep growling soundtrack

Just posted this on another thread (we seem to have generated quite a few for the TFC launch??) but reposting here seems more relevant :D

I am keen to know if there's any difference in the bore/stroke and subsequent torque numbers of your build compared to the new engine. I see Triumph are claiming 'world's most ' blah blah blah but lets face it, there's bugger all increase compared to the 2.3

Back