Good info Pete.

Where would supercharging fall on the hp/$$ scale relative to these mods?

super charger

Good info Pete.

Where would supercharging fall on the hp/$$ scale relative to these mods?

Well Mr Hunt I did get a quote for tts super charger stage 1 was around 7500 fitted with 230hp & 200 ft-ld torque i have 210 hp and 188 ft-lb so not far off the super charger in performance + its lighter rather than heaver , i did spend a touch more but i prefer a stockish looking bike with less maintenance ;)

Well Mr Hunt I did get a quote for tts super charger stage 1 was around 7500 fitted with 230hp & 200 ft-ld torque i have 210 hp and 188 ft-lb so not far off the super charger in performance + its lighter rather than heaver , i did spend a touch more but i prefer a stockish looking bike with less maintenance ;)

And you can bolt a tts on later:D

i have never checked the fuel consumption. but i suspect more HP= more fuel..

Fuel consumption? Who cares!!

But - as soon as you get away from OEM specs and get the bike fuelling the way it should, you seem to drop about 10 mpg on trip mileage... from then on, down the modifications trail, it never seems to get any worse.

The "small" problem with that statement is that you don't buy a Ferrari to idle down to the grocery store, do you....................:cool:

.......... but i prefer a stockish looking bike with less maintenance ;)

Naaaah, Pete.... BLOWER.... Right out there... In ya face!! Be a lair! Makes even MORE people come up to you at the servo and say, "Hey, wassat mate.......?"

(PS - virtually no maintenance on the blower setup....)

Other than my pipe, there's precious little to indicate that I've got nearly 250hp at the rear wheel on my R3T...and I kinda like that. You'd lose that with a blower stickin' out, but you do gain cool factor points for havin' a blower stickin' out.

Is there an issue with the increased cylinder pressure on the main bearings if they're left stock?

Back