Widowmaker Journey to 200hp, no thats been done. 250hp !

i failed. motors done! Theres a couple of youll that follow so i wanted to tell ya. When i came home from test ride and inspected the allen bolt that holds crank drive gear bolt came loose. thats when i pulled clutch cover and found oil pump shaft broke, so I repaired, i turned engine over to inspect and noticed something wrong. I pulled cam cover and found damage, i have destroyed this motor. Neville Lush i am so sorry I destroyed your work. I feel so awful. Threads done. for those who were pulling for me to succeed, im sorry i failed.
Just read your post, all our worst fears came out, but possibly it won't be as bad as first impressions. Maybe take a day or two to relax and unwind, then start the complete disassembly and inspection process. Take a pad and list all good parts, things that can be repaired/reused and things you need to replace. Hope you find out you've got most major parts that are good and many of the others can be massaged to return to service. Know what you have before making major decisions. Dreams die hard, so don't sell yourself short, we're all pulling for you.

Last edited:
Just read your post, all our worst fears came out, but possibly it won't be as bad as first impressions. Maybe take a day or two to relax and unwind, then start the complete disassembly and inspection process. Take a pad anSd list all good parts, things that can be repaired/reused and things you need to replace. Hope you find out you've got most major parts that are good and many of the others can be massaged to return to service. Know what you have before making major decisions. Dreams die hard, so don't sell yourself short, we're all pulling for you.
So true. Despite what has happened you are closer to having the street monster that we all lust after than most of us will ever get. I'd hate to see you not finish this thing.

Well Kevin, talk about a major shot in the gut... feeling for yah bro. Not much more I can say that hasn't already been said. Appreciate the fact that you've shared this tragedy with us. Takes a lot of guts to talk about something that's gone wrong in one's life. Remember, we're here to help, not criticize. Sometimes you end up taking a couple of steps backward, before you can take one forward (but it hurts so much!!).

The dream is still before you. As you learn from this tragedy, we all learn so keep your friendly mob informed. Again, feel for yah.

Haven't been on here for a while. Just read the whole 48 pages, all excited about your build. Sorry about your motor bro. I'm on my 3rd block, and had 1 head busted too. We play hard and pay a lot to be able to. Never give up brother. You wanna go fast like Ricky Bobby, well all I can say is You can do it!

Haven't been on here for a while. Just read the whole 48 pages, all excited about your build. Sorry about your motor bro. I'm on my 3rd block, and had 1 head busted too. We play hard and pay a lot to be able to. Never give up brother. You wanna go fast like Ricky Bobby, well all I can say is You can do it!
Thanks bud, I’ve already regrouped and putting another engine together i have on shelf. I have a new set of pistons and Neville said he would hook me up with some valve springs and a set of street cams in a few weeks as he is racing hard for the next 3 weeks, but ill be ready by then. I learned alot and the 2 (30) mistakes i made i will not make again.

Thanks bud, I’ve already regrouped and putting another engine together i have on shelf. I have a new set of pistons and Neville said he would hook me up with some valve springs and a set of street cams in a few weeks as he is racing hard for the next 3 weeks, but ill be ready by then. I learned alot and the 2 (30) mistakes i made i will not make again.
Great news, we're all pulling for you. Plenty of time, it's just March.

Great news, we're all pulling for you. Plenty of time, it's just March.
Yes sir, im definitely slowed down after my 700 dollar a mile debacle. I feel good though knowing the mistakes i made should not have happened im gonna do peefect as better wont cut it. Im actually using use for motivation to be careful and exact and professional, as im trying to come in close to where you did at Konrads. same settup. If i get close and it holds mission accomplished. Thanks Gerald for your support it means alot after meeting you sir.

Yes sir, im definitely slowed down after my 700 dollar a mile debacle. I feel good though knowing the mistakes i made should not have happened im gonna do peefect as better wont cut it. Im actually using use for motivation to be careful and exact and professional, as im trying to come in close to where you did at Konrads. same settup. If i get close and it holds mission accomplished. Thanks Gerald for your support it means alot after meeting you sir.
Hopefully you will tune before it gets so brutally hot, maybe be able to make a few more horses.

Back