2008: What's in Store?

Cruise Control

Flip - you're right - it is the audiovox unit. Chris and I installed them on our rockets and built a vacuum reservoir canister to supply the needed vacuum. Chris keeps his under the seat, mine is in a saddlebag. Works really well. Others have installed a vacuum pump, but I find it works well enough for the intended purpose, which is to let you take your hand off the throttle long enough to give your hand a break. Climbs hills and the whole shebang - for a hundred bucks. I first bought a Throttlemeister and now never use it.

Now it's not your plug and play installation, I'll give you that, but if we can do it, anyone can (you need more courage than brains). Vinny Boy

All the bells and whistles, sell your bikes and buy a car, remember what riding is -wind blowing past your ears exhaust rumbling behind you stopping and asking directions when you get lost. Not anymore bikes must have a cell phone holder, mp3 player GPS system to many riders have lost the passion.:bch:

Yeah but Daaaave, bling is what it's all about. Personalization. At least for long haulers and the RocketIII is made for that. Then there are those other sorts, who have my admiration for their propensities. I agree with Ugarte and Pianoman.

What about these guys. I have an email from them with pictures. PM me with your email address and I'll forward to anyone interested. It looks pretty sharp and well engineered.

Sorry that this really isn't on topic, but may be useful nonetheless.

http://www.mccruise.com/TRIUMPH-orderby0-p-1-mf-82.html

800 Australian buckaroos. Over the top. Sounds like Corbin or Rivco needs to pick up a franchise..........The Audiovox unit is 100 USD. Add a vacuum pump from the bone for 25 bucks and the unit becomes 100% automatic just like a car. About the same price as a T'Meister, a little less for the Kayco or Caro or whatever it's called, but the Flipmeister costs 50 cents so I have 'em all beat....(For you cheapies like me, you'll find a sticky for the Flipmeister in Custom Mods)

That's the rub with the CSS100. It requires more vacuum to actuate the servo and keep it modulated under varying conditions than the R3 engine is capable of sustaining. For sustained vacuum you really need 2 small vacuum canisters or 1 big one and there is precious room on the R3. Hence, a self contained constant delivery vacuum pump is in order. Besides, you need to route the actuator cable so it has a straight shot at the throttle cam which necessitates some brackets and you need to hide the cable under the tank, not coming down beside the engine like I've seen some do. That's tacky.....More to come later.

I'm busy making some bling for Piggr.....he'll tell you all about it when he gets them, I'm sure.

Hey maybe they read this forum and will listen to opinion on their pricing???

Last edited:
Back