2006 Tranny?

yep, 1 gear, the spline dog ring, and at least 30 ziplock bags of stuff. is that a new wiring harness? If anyone has completed this task did you follow the 30 page instructions or are the tasks randomly stapled together? is it worth doing everything? My dealer said they picked the bike up with the forklift. The 16 hr quote must be for the tranny alone and I fear much of triumph's updates wont reach my motorcycle if I let them do it, I really respect any of you that do this work yourself.
When I had mine done and ended up tearing it back apart to change the input shaft on the transmission I did not have instructions just the manual. I did notice that other then the transmission and the output shaft things like the harness changes were left out. The techs answer to that was if its not broken don't mess with it. I guess the stock piled extra parts. this was in Marne Iowa. He did give me the harness stuff though and I think it was to shut me up. There are two harness mods and mine still has not been done tot he gauges. I think the other was because the main harness plug was not water tight which could be fixed by using silicone on the back of the plug ends. Just a thought as I liked the original plugs as they were. Of course now that I ordered a new ignition switch it comes with the new style plug on it so it is a mute point now.

Back