2006 Tranny?

Big Sexy

Standard Bore
I have found an 06 I am ready to purchase. I mechanic tells me the trannies in that year were commonly replaced by Triumph. Can any testify to this issue? Should I be concerned that an 06 with 16,000 miles might have a tranny getting ready to fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found an 06 I am ready to purchase. I mechanic tells me the trannies in that year were commonly replaced by Triumph. Can any testify to this issue? Should I be concerned that an 06 with 16,000 miles might have a tranny getting ready to fail?

I also have an 06 that I purchased last year...had about 10K miles on it when I bought it and now has about 20K miles on it. Runs like a dream. A little clunky when shifting, but that's a Rocket thing....

Only issue I have had is with the ignition switch, to which I installed the EB relay kit. Now...I will say that I tried to get Triumph to cover that part, and received a "no" in response. I would not bet on Triumph replacing any parts on a bike that far out of warranty. But also, I would not let a few failed trannies sway your decision, either. Any production bike model will have a few lemons in the mix...doesn't mean it is all of them.

Good luck.

Thank you for your response. I agree with your "lemon" comment. Just wanted to make sure it was not a common problem.

Common for Triumph to replace trannys? No. They did develop an "update" for later runs of the beast. People with problems under warranty got at least some of the kit installed, apparently at dealers discretion. Kind of a pricey fix if it does go, but there are numerous bikes with high milage and no issues with the big ol tranny.

Now guys, don't start thinkin' of Cher's daughter, er, son, or nuthin' like that.

Back