2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

R3r-T:

This whole thread has been such a wild ride to read. It's amazing to see the final product come to light after such a long time (even though I only started following this thread a few weeks ago)

A few notes:

#1: Holy F@#king $*!+ this is cool
#2: See #1.
#3: From my days of wrenching on LS1s in high school, standard bolt ons? Head, Cam, Exhaust. What are you thoughts on this? Carpenter does all 3, but if you want to go boost, I wouldn't think you want the compression to the level of their full kits.
#4: I saw that you want to put on the TTS from another build, have you worked with a Variable Geometry Turbo like aerocharger, your thoughts?
#5: Again.... See #1
#6: I'm trying to convince my wife that this is a necessity. Help me!

Why thank you, it's been quite a journey. It took a long time due to needing time off to work on it, lead times on parts and oh yes hurting my back badly.

Doing a head cam exhaust job is a fine and solid way to increase torque and really increase hp, depends on your cam but ime this can be at the cost of some your low down torque.
I didn't have the 2.5L stroker at the time to bring back some low end torques.

But stroking a 265hp Carpenter motor and you bet you'll have the most powerful and torquey NA Rocket in the world.

The torque is why I supercharged my Carpenter engine. Get that low end torque back, and doubletime the high end hp.

Yes adding boost to an already high comp engine is a delicate operation, but I did make a custom pulley to limit the boost and adjusted timing to fight the knock.
But a supercharged 9000rpm race engine is an absolute BEAST and there is nothing like its otherworldly acceleration.
Made my 240 NA Rocket seem... weak?
Nothing can hold a candle to it on the road. Nothing. At least in a straight line.
You'd need like a 1600hp Supra to match it.

I'm afraid I've no experience with a turbo though, apart from the 2 under my cage's hood.
If I didn't like keeping the bike OEM looking, I might be more inclined to run a turbo. Hard to make the piping look pretty :(

Work hard, play hard... enjoying the otherwise stock 2.5L Stroker before it goes under the wrench again this winter with a Carpenter and TTS combo

We need to improve your headlights Art. Really.
Winter? - Well Ok it is August - Irish Summer is almost over. :p;)🤣

Chris knows good lighting!!!
107954820_10157334531326884_9186687037349631022_n.jpg

I'd like to stick a set of the Rocket 3's headlights in, but with a price north of €500 each, hmmmm

Back