2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

Ive reached out to a gear manufacturer in Esslingen Nr Stuttgart on Plochinger str. I know the place well been a few times so they may be able to help as they make racing gears for Porsche.
There is a company in the UK near Stoke Mandevile that Vickers used to get stuff made when my dad worked for them, I am sure they are still around as the Armoured vehicles are still being made. They can also make helical gears if it is needed or would make any improvement.

Ooh Porsche, that sounds cheap :D

Helical gears would be lovely but unfortunately you'd have to replace all gears, which would cost a helluva lot more.

Plus, apparently they create side thrust, which ain't good for the circlips which are already prone to dislodging sideways and munching transmissions - although the 6th gear kit will include deepened and widened circlip grooves to mitigate this Triumph factory issue, I still wouldn't like to chance it on a transmission designed for straight cut spur gears.

Last edited:
you never know what they will charge till you ask.
the Germans are referring me to a UK company, and my cousin in AU has put me on to Neat Gearboxes who build gearsets for Drifting and I have sent them a request for Quote as you prototyped and for Helical.

Back