12 Volt Power Socket Install

I had to stay at work an extra hour to plug my battery into the tender on my Road Star 1600, because the usb charger was connected to the battery while I was at work, and I couldn't start my bike. It's a 20 lb battery, Idk what the Rocket's is yet, but I'm gonna wire up a real switch next time and use the accessory fuze box location. Be careful about direct battery connection, and keep tender with you.

Hi,
I've been thinking of installing the aux socket. I took off the frame cover but couldn't see a plug. It was getting late so decided to look again when the light was better. Had a look a couple of days later and still couldn't see a plug/connectors that looked spare. Gently pulled on a few wires in case it was tucked away but again saw nothing.

Any pictures or further info on what to look for please? Bikes a 2014 Roadster.
No idea if the Roadsters are the same as the earlier Rockets but the auxiliary socket connector was marked with a bit of blue tape behind the plastic panel just in front of the left side cover.

No idea if the Roadsters are the same as the earlier Rockets but the auxiliary socket connector was marked with a bit of blue tape behind the plastic panel just in front of the left side cover.
Thanks. I've had a quick look a couple of times but couldn't see anything. I'll have a really good look next time I'm tinkering.

Yeah, my 12 volt cigarette lighter style Kuryakyn is wired in via a power distribution module, and it's inactive when the key is off. The last thing you want is something draining power. Plus, if there's a short or something the PDM60 will just disable the outlet until you turn the bike back off and on (presumably after fixing the fault). The PDM already saved me some fuses when I installed it, I managed to confuse ground and power (it has two identical black leads out without markings if you cut the one marking they had at the end) and wired it in fully shorted. Turned the bike on and immediate red light on the PDM. All I had to do was reverse the cables and everything was fine after turning the bike off/on.

Installed my 12v outlet in the same spot on the weekend. It has a plastic dust cover that clicks into place. Ebay $6. Drilled out to 1" and filed some slots to lock it in. Its a tight fit. Like the idea of the glue and have connected directly to the battery using the inline fuse provided with the unit. Would prefer to connect to accessory power if someone can point me to the best connection location for an 06 classic ? Will route a power cable up to the bars for GPS or phone handset.

You nailed that one in the sack! I also wasted my money on the accessory unit. I didn't find out it was a european socket till i got home with it. So back to the dealer to find out i need to order a even more useless adapter. Plans are now to Pig9R's route. I figure a marine/boat shop should have some sort of water proof unit. Bigern
Got mine at a farm and ranch store.

Back