mins
, then you are done
The ECU supposedly
analyzes
the exhaust and sets itself up.
As far as how often you should do this i
ain't
sure.

I recently had my dealer install a new tune (he installed an updated 07 standard tune in my 06 clalssic). I was able to watch as he installed the tune and then run the bike through the 12 min tune, However it actually took about 20 min after the fan turned off. by his information it takes aprox 12 minutes but can take up to 30 minutes. he said the only way to be certain the the ECU has stabilized it to connect it to their equipment to see when it actually settles down. I Know this is contrary to all the other post here, but as I watched the readout (I lack the proper term for the widgit he hooked up to monitor) it did continue to fine tune well after the 12 min. time frame. So it seemes that 12 min. may get it close to proper but 20-30 min may render a better and/or more compleat tune. I have hesitated in the past to post this information because it will certainly lead to many rebutals, Oh well, I am confident of my dealer and don't figure he would waste his and my time because all new tunes are at no charge, :soapbox:

As far as how often I understand that unless you trailer the bike to a different altitude or make changes in intake of exhaust (K&N ,TOR's etc.) that there should be no further need for additional 12 min tune. unless there is some noticable change in its performance,

Back