10k mile oil changes???

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
Is that a typo on the manual?? just changed my oil and since i couldn't remember i checked the online manual, also valve checks every 40k miles??? is taht correct?? seems exessive long to me:confused:

Is that a typo on the manual?? just changed my oil and since i couldn't remember i checked the online manual, also valve checks every 40k miles??? is taht correct?? seems exessive long to me:confused:
Where does it say that in the manual? And is that kilometers or miles ;)

The service interval on the 2.3 and 1200 Tiger/Trophy engines has always been 16,000km. Other engines it was 10,000km. When the water cooled twins were released in 2016 ie all the new Bonneville range, including the Street Twin/Scrambler and Thruxton models, they also have 16,000km service interval. So does the 2.5 Rocket.
Other engines in the Street/Speed Triples and Tiger 800/900/1050 retain the 10,000km service interval.
Regardless of miles, I drop the oil and change filter yearly and no more than 8,000km, frequently check everything and regularly plug in to the Dealer computer to check for updates. This is just sensible but (apparently) not required.

Lupe if you are using a good quality fully syn oil then 8-10000 is perfectly fine, if you are more comfortable like some are changing your oil every 3-4000 miles that is fine but do not waste your money on FS just buy regular MC oil.
My old 2005 did not need any valve adjustment (then just two) for 50000miles

Back