10k mile oil changes???

Is that a typo on the manual?? just changed my oil and since i couldn't remember i checked the online manual, also valve checks every 40k miles??? is taht correct?? seems exessive long to me:confused:

Valve check every 20'000 miles Oil change every 10'000 miles and that's from the guys back in Hinckley UK who make them. Oh and by the way the Mechanic I spoke to told me the Valve check service should only take about 4 1/2 hours. A certain Dealer out here quoted me 12 hrs...

Ok lupe first that is almost a useless manual. First oil at 500, miles the first year with no mileage designation then yes 10,000 miles. The valve check/adjust is at 10k then 20k then 30k and so on.

I'm not going to tell you what to do. But 10k between oil changes seems steep. I'm not sure I would go that long. But you are reading it right. From the looks of it there is about 100 pages of butt wipe there. I hope you didn't have to pay for it.

Nope, Sorry the Valve check is at 20'000 miles then 40-60-80 ect. Triumph sent out a bulletin in 2011 informing all US dealers of this change. I called Hinckley UK where they're made and they confirmed it years ago...

Nope, Sorry the Valve check is at 20'000 miles then 40-60-80 ect. Triumph sent out a bulletin in 2011 informing all US dealers of this change. I called Hinckley UK where they're made and they confirmed it years ago...
Wow to bad they didn't change it in the manual by 2020 . But then they never seem to update the technicians much either.

I have a single page Scheduled Mx Check Sheet in .pdf sent to me by my dealer. PM me if you need a copy emailed.
-MIG

I change mine at 5000. Or a little less if I've been riding the bike hard and I notice the lubricity change in the transmission. But then I even changed my 06 at 5000 when it was basically stock. Anyway to each his own I guess.

Interesting Warpo.
Curious regarding what mu (coefficient of friction) criteria you use?

Yes, Amigo, this is a wiseass yank about noticing a change in transmission friction range while riding. :laugh: :roll:

Interesting Warpo.
Curious regarding what mu (coefficient of friction) criteria you use?

Yes, Amigo, this is a wiseass yank about noticing a change in transmission friction range while riding. :laugh: :roll:
Yes you can feel it in the shifting. If you have ever taken the clutch apart you would quickly notice there is really not much opening or what one would consider stack height. This is why there is oil between the fibers and steels. Which helps the smoothness of the shifting. As the oil gets miles on it and is warm the ckutch doesn't seem to have the se feel like its allowing more friction movement due to lack or as I say less lubricity. This makes you feel the gears and more things when shifting. I usually notice it after 4000 miles if I'm hooning a lot. If I'm riding less aggressive it last longer. Its like the difference and why oils like the motul 300V oils don't seem to last as long but when they are new they seem slicker then anything out there. Anyway they do not have as much of the chemical dertegents in the as street oil (for lack of better terms) so they do not seem to last as long. Anyway when I feel the difference I can feel her shifting harder, particularly from more clutch drag, but you can feel it in the shifter its like the dogs and splines are not meshing as well . Anyway when I feel it its tome to start thinking about the oil and how much of a pain it is to take the transmission out. So I change oil and wow it goes away.

I've felt some shifting diff after a fresh oil change, but a gradual change is beyond my multiple time busted up feet, especially the left from scrambles, TT & moto cross.
You sensitive boy, you. :D

Back