10k mile oil changes???

Valve check every 20'000 miles Oil change every 10'000 miles and that's from the guys back in Hinckley UK who make them. Oh and by the way the Mechanic I spoke to told me the Valve check service should only take about 4 1/2 hours. A certain Dealer out here quoted me 12 hrs...

Good to know on the time to complete. Helps give me a judge of character baseline when I go see my local dealer. Thanks!
-MIG

Last edited:
Is that a typo on the manual?? just changed my oil and since i couldn't remember i checked the online manual, also valve checks every 40k miles??? is taht correct?? seems exessive long to me:confused:
Triumph pays folks way smarter than me to study the effects of longer oil change intervals so I have always gone with the 10000 mile reccomendation. Conversely, when I took the 15 in at 20000 miles for the valve check he said that unless it was making noise or hard to start it would be a waste of time and money to do it at that point. It made sense to me so I waited. At about 36000 it started having symptoms so I had him adjust them. The adjustment was indeed needed and after it ran like new. Of course all of this may just mean I am cheap. But I am going to repeat it with the GT.

Back